Ace of Base | Page 82 | The Popjustice Forum

Ace of Base

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by AcerBen, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Yes, they kindly sent me an advance copy. Good luck to everyone who is going hunting for a copy, hope you find one!

2. Hopefully I can grab the vinyl of All That She Wants online for not too bad a price. The single is the first CD I ever owned that my parents had got me for Christmas with a Sony boom box.

3. I got one off of eBay.

AcerBenII likes this.
  4. So new music coming from Jenny soon. She writes:
    Finalizing an EP with the first single Open and Alive out soon! My way of giving back to you for making my first 50 awesome.

Glad that she is finally releasing new music. It's been forever since My Story, her entry in the danish MGP and the songs from Så mycket bättre.

5. I'm excited for this. Her album had some amazing tunes that should have been proper singles. Looking exactly at "Dying To Stay Alive" and "Natural Superstar" ... I like "Here I Am" and "Gotta Go", but those other 2 were much better. And "Free Me" was just a weird teaser.

It is too bad that "Let Your Heart Be Mine" was never released globally. I seem to recall it only being available on Danish platforms.

beautifulmorning and larzy like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Why was Love For Sale, a Flowers era b-side, on the remastered version of The Bridge? Was it always a leftover from that era? (I guess so?)

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  7. Jonas gets a bit confused sometimes about timings. My best guess is that it was post-Bridge but very early on in the Flowers sessions.. like early 97.

Mvnl likes this.
  8. Or.. sometimes songs would be presented for inclusion on one album, then reworked once rejected and come back again for the next. Love For Sale was definitely on the shortlist for Flowers - though it's still possible an earlier version was rejected for The Bridge.

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Was the alternative version of Da Capo only released in 2015 or was it another case of it being a local version before that time?

10. This?

It had been released unofficially on Facebook a few years earlier, but this was the first official release.

Mvnl likes this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Ah right. I vaguely remember a Da Capo track had different production on an asian or german release or something but maybe that was just Change With The Light?

12. I wonder when Jenny is releasing her single and EP?

So quiet with Ace of Base, guess no plans for any future releases.

13. Hey Darling - the rougher sounding version was put on the German release by accident. The more polished one on the Scandi/Asian versions is the "correct" one.

davearama and Mvnl like this.
  14. So I bought the German CD first. I thought Hey Darling sounded so odd. Then I ordered the Japanese CD to get the extra tracks. Imagine my surprise when Hey Darling came on and it was much better!

I have been on an Ace Of Base kick lately. Just went through all the albums and both Hidden Gems CDs. They had some amazing music. I even love the album The Golden Ratio. It is sad the way things ended with the band. I hope eventually, there is a happy ending with all 4 members.

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Anyone knows if The Bridge with this serial number is the repressed one or the one with the early versions?

16. Can't go by the barcode as for instance these two have the same one but one is the first edition and one is the second.

https://www.discogs.com/release/766256-Ace-Of-Base-The-Bridge
    https://www.discogs.com/release/5087561-Ace-Of-Base-The-Bridge

There are other ways of telling the difference, as detailed in the notes on a lot of the releases on Discogs, so would go by that.

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Ah yes, unfortunately on the site of Momox/Medimops that's all they give
    (The US one should be good anyway I guess, though in slightly worse state)
    (Although looking at that the tracklenghts of the US one seem to match the early versions?)

18. This page might help
    https://aceofbasediscography.com/TB_Albums_Reg.html

When production of The Bridge began Mega Records had submitted the non Refined Version of "Strange Ways", "My Deja Vu" & "Whispers In Blindness" and were used to manufacture millions of copys before they caught these. "Refined Versions" were corrected and added to later released for Scandinavia, German & Frence Editions. UK and Americans Editions all used the Refined editions.

Note the US version only has the Acoustic version of Lucky Love and both US and UK versions miss You And I too.

acer4ever likes this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah that page was the first thing I came across!
    I already own the european (early) version so I have You & I.

20. Quick Ace of Base question, but does anybody know if there are any plans to release the album, ‘The Golden Ratio’ on vinyl at any point?

Love this album and would be so good to have it complete the collection.

davearama likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.