Adam Lambert: For Your Entertainment [Album/Singles] & General Discussion

Kirkland said:
Nate said:
November 28th - O2 ABC Academy - Glasgow

I can't see him filling the ABC. Has he actually had a hit in the UK? I can't see it happening.
Why would he. His music sucks, he's a one trick pony and British people would see through his attention grabbing behaviour that shocked Americans so much. We would just point & laugh, then move on to something worthwhile. It always amazes me how Americans get so hysterical about things we came to terms with decades ago.

Well these dates will be cancelled like next week. Who's idea was that?

Almost as random as Orianthi coming over last week to promote her single. What single? Indeed...

Hyp-no-tize said:
Why would he. His music sucks, he's a one trick pony and British people would see through his attention grabbing behaviour that shocked Americans so much. We would just point & laugh, then move on to something worthwhile. It always amazes me how Americans get so hysterical about things we came to terms with decades ago.

Oh please, stop writing a travel brochure for one minute and look around, Britain is hardly the land of tolerance and demure media.

Hyp-no-tize said:
His music sucks

Adam has some good songs: Whataya Want From Me, Strut, Soaked, Fever, Sleepwalker, Broken Open, Time For Miracles, Voodoo and Can't Let You Go. Obviously it's all subjective.

I hope Pick U Up is a single...it's really nice.

And I just watched the video of Adam making out with Jake Shears...I bet they slept together too. I'm jealous. I would love to be the mayonnaise in an Adam/Jake sandwich..oh yes...

Someboy said:
Hyp-no-tize said:

Oh please, stop writing a travel brochure for one minute and look around, Britain is hardly the land of tolerance and demure media.
Who said anything about tolerance? Try reading my post, something you clearly struggle with you would see I made no mention of it. If however you think his scheduled appearances on GMTV & This Morning would have been pulled because he kissed a man on stage the night before, you clearly know nothing about Britain. It would have been reported and maybe even derided but it would have been seen for what it was - shock tactics to compensate for a lack of talent. We've lived through Katie Price.

kyle17 said:
Hyp-no-tize said:
His music sucks

Adam has some good songs: Whataya Want From Me, Strut, Soaked, Fever, Sleepwalker, Broken Open, Time For Miracles, Voodoo and Can't Let You Go. Obviously it's all subjective.
Like you said, it's subjective and it appears the British public agree with me in thinking they are crap.

Yes, Hy-no-tize, perhaps I did go a bit overboard.

But what I'm really getting at is that the reaction to what Adam did was completely natural, and honestly, not that blown out of proportion. The shock value of him kissing a boy wasn't really the issue at hand either, a lot more people were confused by the simulated fellatio. Also, sometimes I think people in Britain see that something is news in the States and assume that it's all we obsess about for weeks on end; there is some truth to that, but it's more complicated. In Adam's case, the bigger story was that the performance just didn't seem to fit the performer that we all came to know (and like) on Idol and that he traded in his artistic integrity for a trashy bump-n-grind that made for what was probably the worst televised performance since Britney wandered the stage looking for a margarita while Gimme More was playing.

Was there some "Oh my gosh, he kissed a boy!" hysteria? Yes. Was that all it was? No.

Again, sorry if I came off a bit harsh originally.

Someboy said:
Yes, Hy-no-tize, perhaps I did go a bit overboard.

But what I'm really getting at is that the reaction to what Adam did was completely natural, and honestly, not that blown out of proportion. The shock value of him kissing a boy wasn't really the issue at hand either, a lot more people were confused by the simulated fellatio. Also, sometimes I think people in Britain see that something is news in the States and assume that it's all we obsess about for weeks on end; there is some truth to that, but it's more complicated. In Adam's case, the bigger story was that the performance just didn't seem to fit the performer that we all came to know (and like) on Idol and that he traded in his artistic integrity for a trashy bump-n-grind that made for what was probably the worst televised performance since Britney wandered the stage looking for a margarita while Gimme More was playing.

Was there some "Oh my gosh, he kissed a boy!" hysteria? Yes. Was that all it was? No.

Again, sorry if I came off a bit harsh originally.
No problem and I also didn't intend to sound anti-American (some of my best friends are American, haha).

I disagree with some of your post though. It wasn't the fact that the media were so obsessed with what he did on stage that night that surprised me and I think many others over here, It was the fallout that it caused. I am amazed in this day & age, networks would cancel his performances the next day just as I was amazed at the reaction to Janet's wardrobe malfunction. That kind of thing simply wouldn't happen over here. A few years ago on a prime time tv show in the UK (a song for Europe), a singer called Javine's breast popped out. It made the front page of the tabloids, people laughed, the BBC apologised and everyone moved on.

I'm just surprised that for some influential people in America, two men kissing or a woman's breast seems to herald the end of civilisation.

Hyp-no-tize said:
Oh thank God for you Brits being the only smart people around, the rest us are so retarded that we let this "lack of talent" creep into the top 10 of every other nation out there. Clearly, we don't have any good taste.

Oh thank God for you Brits being the only smart people around, the rest us are so retarded that we let this "lack of talent" creep into the top 10 of every other nation out there. Clearly, we don't have any good taste.
[/quote]

Thank god is right! Bob The Builder, Fast Food Rockers, Crazy Frog - where would they have a chance if not the incredibly sophisticated Britain?!!

tylerc904 said:
SpanishEyes said:

Thank god is right!   Bob The Builder, Fast Food Rockers, Crazy Frog - where would they have a chance if not the incredibly sophisticated Britain?!!

Hello, you're forgetting Teletubbies!

Also, Orianthi is trying to promote that flop single!?

Adam Lambert's UK tour dates are SOLD OUT. So much for the naysayers.

This is the article where I read it first: http://www.fleckingrecords.co.uk/2010/09/so-adam-lambert-is-coming-to-europe.html

I verified it myself on this site: http://www.gigsandtours.com/gatpresale/event.asp?showname=ADAM+LAMBERT&n|showname=COMING&e|promoter=372&filler1=gigsandtours&filler2=ADAMLAMBERT

For some reason O2 ABC Glasgow isn't listed as sold out at the above link but when you click on "buy tickets" the next page indicates that it's indeed also sold out.

Firewalker said:
For some reason O2 ABC Glasgow isn't listed as sold out at the above link but when you click on "buy tickets" the next page indicates that it's indeed also sold out.

I shall have to ask my friend. But I doubt they're sold out there. I really do.

I went to O2 ABC Glasgow's own website and when I click on "Buy tickets" the next page says: "NO TICKETS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE THROUGH TICKETWEB."

So either it's sold out or there's some kind of glitch. Dunno.

Anyway, the other UK dates are definitely sold out.

Firewalker said:
I went to O2 ABC Glasgow's own website and when I click on "Buy tickets" the next page says: "NO TICKETS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE THROUGH TICKETWEB."

Probably a glitch. Adam Lambert is a pop flop in the UK. I can't see that many people rushing to see him, enough to sell out the ABC in Glasgow, not even Roisin Murphy completely sold that out.

I don't really understand Adam Lambert's appeal (and I watched his series of American Idol) - I tend to think that Paula Abdul (of all people) hit the nail on the head, when she questioned whether he was simply a "quickstudy".

His whole act seems very contrived and dated - I love an eccentric, but he doesn't strike me as one. And unlike others who leave me cold on that front (Lady Gaga), his songs aren't in the least bit diverting to counteract it.