Addison Rae - Debut EP (Snippets & Bops) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Addison Rae - Debut EP (Snippets & Bops)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RMK, Mar 20, 2021.

1. “Obsessed” ended up in my Top 5 songs on Spotify; I can’t believe I denied the power of Raesus.

berserkboi, OlliMaus, TRAVVV and 2 others like this.
  2. That sounds wonderful. If she won't release it, can't it go to, like, a real popstar???

Andy French likes this.

3. This is a HIT, I'm shaking. Why is she sitting on this for so long?

Butterfly likes this.
  4. Top of January feels right.

5. Island

Island Staff Member

Oooh I fear that this actually sounds good. The Raepublicans might eat this up.

6. Do we know who wrote this? I always assumed it was Charli but I’m being told it’s not despite it literally sounding like her down to the vocals.

7. Because "Obsessed" flopped hard, despite its extensive promo campaign and her public profile.

nooniebao likes this.
  8. RMK

RMK

I wouldn't consider it extensive. She gave it a nice video and one (or two?) performances? I don't know who needs to step in, but if she led with an actual bop like this one it would've gone a lot smoother. Obsessed sounds like a Kardashian speaking, which is fine, but grounds for the general public to lose interest.

9. She's not with a major label or anything. I'm not sure what the expectations would be for a TikTok star but the video has 24 million views which is pretty solid.

She got a ton of hate with Obsessed but I honestly think dropping I Got It Bad would remedy that nn. At the very least, the PC Music, not-like-other-gays are on board based off of a snippet & her friendship with Charli. Drop an undeniable bop, give up Big Pop Girl aspirations, and milk these 5 gays for all they're worth and she could have a cute music career.

10. Oh, you're right. She just did The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon. For some reason, I thought that she did the entire late night talk show circuit.
    Oh, you're right. I expected her to be signed to a major label, so I was surprised to discover that she signed to an indie label.

11. Get Charli stans on the case so it leaks.

12. Charli has worked with her on many songs, so I'm assuming this is one of them. Madison Love confirmed that she's part of it too.

13. A Charli XCX co-written album; a dream.

14. This is giving "album ultimately gets shelved, album samplers on CD-R exchange hands for multiple hundreds of pounds five years later, one Charli penned song gets picked up by a girl band, thread in Comeback Corner" failed vanity project and I kind of live.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  15. Charli’s rep *insists* this isn’t one of them.

16. Twitter gheys have noticed if you search the song title on Spotify, her artist page shows up. So this might actually be coming #soon.

Jacques, GimmeWork, Jersey and 2 others like this.
  17. [​IMG]

Jacques and GimmeWork like this.
  18. So apparently she recorded a version of Gaga's "Nothing On (But the Radio)" and it's going to be on her EP????

Square, RMK, stopthestatic and 7 others like this.
  19. Not this EP already being the best release of the year and all we have is snippets.

stopthestatic likes this.
  20. “I Got It Bad”, the way we’ve won.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.