Addison Rae - Obsessed + Debut EP | The Popjustice Forum

Addison Rae - Obsessed + Debut EP

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RMK, Mar 20, 2021.

1. RMK

RMK

Yes, a TikTok star has made a song. I felt like it was thread worthy because she worked with Benny Blanco, and is trying to put together a full project. The song kind of bops.

The last thread I made was for Bhad Bhabie, so I'm glad to keep everything on the same level (dd).

2. She's Selena Gomez's son. Her impact!

No but really it's sad but unsurprising that when putting on a "popstar hat" this is what Gen-Z comes up with. Growing up in the 2010s just doesn't hit the same as the 90s/2000s *millennial wheezing*

3. Benny Blanco is so much better than this ...

4. This is dire. I can’t bare to sit through the entire thing.

5. The aggressive dancing alongside the A4 vocals kiiii

6. The song is...not good. Like something Selena would have rejected on Revival. Smart move though, I feel like her TikTok hype is on the wane now.

7. RMK

RMK

She needs this moment.

Rei Ayanami and flowersandu like this.
  8. The Benny Blanco ship has sailed long ago...

spaceship likes this.
  9. The fact that people were comparing Dua's performance at the Grammys to Britney...the bar is literally on the floor

Truce, Nephilim and flowersandu like this.
  10. I’ve loved a lot of what Madison Love and Leland have co-written over the years so I’m bummed that I didn’t enjoy this that much.

Looks like she has more music slated for release later this year:

11. She’s performing on The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon on the 26th:

12. I'm obsessed after Charli XCX said she was working with her or wanted to? Wow.
    Not her skipping potential next big things too, obsessed!

13. She is too.

elektroxx, Laurence and Jamie like this.
  14. It sounds like a rich girl bought a track and sang over it.

Duppe, Nephilim and spaceship like this.
  15. This sucks, full stop. I also wish Charli was investing another pop girl but coin is coin, I guess!

spaceship likes this.
  16. "Jam (Turn It Up)" found rotting

spaceship likes this.
  17. This is being sent to Pop Radio next week:

18. Her appearance on Fallon tonight:

elektroxx likes this.
  19. She doesn't bring anything to the table vocally and the song is bad, but the performance was a complete and utter slay! Especially for it being her first televised performance.

20. I enjoyed it. The song is still useless. I'm interested to see if Tik Tok clout can translate to success for its 'stars' but surely without a good song it's a waste of time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.