Additional streaming recommendations

I’m watching The Woman In the Wall and when I tell you as soon as the detective came on, I GASPED.

He’s fucking GORGEOUSSSS.

His height. That face. That accent. I think I’m in love.

Ruth Wilson is already acting the hell out of this in episode one. Does she ever miss?
You might want to check out Bad Sisters on Apple TV or the film Good Luck To You Leo Grande - both of which are worth a watch and feature him heavily

She/Her/Queen
You might want to check out Bad Sisters on Apple TV or the film Good Luck To You Leo Grande - both of which are worth a watch and feature him heavily
The second one is on my to-watch but thanks for Bad Sisters and I do have Apple TV. This man is STUNNINGGGG.

For All Mankind hive assemble - it's back 10 November!

I assumed this would be the final season, but it hasn't (yet) been announced as such. Not sure they can get away with too many more time jumps without it looking like a French & Saunders 'Lucky Bitches' sketch.

The plan has always been 7 seasons, to bring the show into present day. Kinnaman has said he's heard some of the stuff they have planned for season 5 (though some of those plot elements have apparently already been used for 4 per the show's EPs), so I don't think this season is planned as the end*. I'm terrified the show will unceremoniously get cancelled before that since so few streaming shows make it that far, so watch this amazing show, people!

* I do think the show needs to start introducing fresh new characters since our main cast are now supposed to be in their 60 and 70s dd. Poor that aging makeup budget!

Oh excited for this! I binged the whole thing last year and it was SO good, but yes I wonder how many more time jumps there can be using the same characters in the stories without it becoming too over the top and unrealistic.

He/They
The following events are based on a pack of lies (BBC iPlayer)… I’m on episode 4 and this is SO frustrating yet addictive!
This has been on my list for awhile, it looks interesting.
I'm two episodes into the latest series of Time, on iPlayer. Jodie, Bella and Tamara are wonderful leads, all playing playing very different characters. It might even be better than the first season.

he/him/basic cishomo
They have The Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human on Freevee and:

A.
I had no idea this movie existed. NILES CRANE narrates a satirical 90s sex cumumentary with CARMEN ELECTRA and some guy (and LUCY LIU!?) who can produce gametes.

B. I'm positively enjoying myself. I don't know what it is, but there's a certain quality to movies like this that's forever lost to that particular stretch of time.

C. AH BLAIR WALDORF HAS A CHERYL CIRCA "CALL THE SHOTS" FRINGE. Apparently she got nabbed for a new streaming show.

[hanging indent] c. I miss when streaming didn't feel like a cog in the media's revenue-generating world.

MS. ELECTRA: "Well you could always pull out."

MALE: "That's a little too rough for me!"

Oh my God the sperm track scene during carmenlingus sysgdhfjdgsgdg

WHY DO I GET SO TURNED ON EVERY TIME NILES SAYS "SEED SHOOTER"

POST EDIT: Oh I'm uncomfy.

Last edited:
he/him/basic cishomo
The Mill on Hulu was such a typical streaming movie: high production values, great premise, lukewarm result. Started off very promising, I thought the premise was a hoot as a member of the labor force in 2023, but despite the lead's best efforts the script did not lead anywhere satisfying. They didn't just set it up for a sequel, they just stopped the movie before it resolved itself.

The plan has always been 7 seasons, to bring the show into present day. Kinnaman has said he's heard some of the stuff they have planned for season 5 (though some of those plot elements have apparently already been used for 4 per the show's EPs), so I don't think this season is planned as the end*. I'm terrified the show will unceremoniously get cancelled before that since so few streaming shows make it that far, so watch this amazing show, people!

* I do think the show needs to start introducing fresh new characters since our main cast are now supposed to be in their 60 and 70s dd. Poor that aging makeup budget!
Please forgive my months old quotation but I just binged the whole of this show this past week and I'm so annoyed that I'm now up to date and have no more left to watch! At least my Apple TV free trial lasts until the end of this season but I am obsessed.

Not feeling Toby Kebbell's character yet and I'm presuming he is going to be the lead in future seasons going by his placement in the credits? This needs to not be cancelled until they've finished whatever they're doing. Do 15 seasons for all I care, I want to see interstellar travel!

As someone who loved the previous seasons of For All Mankind, this season is just not grabbing me. The side plot of Margot in Russia is boring, I find the character of Toby Kebell bland and I think that the notion of Joel Kinnaman's character being on Mars in his 70s is preposterous. The charm of the show has always been as much about the relationship soap opera aspect as it is about the speculative sci-fi for me and I just don't find the plotlines compelling enough.

He hasn't left there yet though from what I've picked up? Which is still kind of preposterous but I kind of get him knowing he will never go to space again the moment he comes back to Earth being his motivation for still being there, but in the same breath that all falls apart for me when I think he's never met his grandson or seen his daughter since he shot her into space 8 years ago?

Margo should have died in the explosion. Does Aleida know she's alive? And is Danny dead? Did they kill him on Mars?

I havent been so into a show since The Expanse and I really hope this gets to finish whatever story they're trying to tell.

he/him/basic cishomo
I'm continuing to enjoy my focus on older shows and movies I haven't seen. I've started just diving into stuff that I happen to catch on Pluto, and this afternoon's showing was The Long Kiss Goodnight with Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson. It was a hoot. Geena Davis as romcom-mom-turned-superspy? Sign me up! Tis the 90s magic I needed on this instantly wintry weekend.