Additional streaming recommendations

he/him/basic cishomo
I've lost hours of my life to 8 out of 10 Cats on Freevee in the US. The entire concept of this extremely Bri'ish gameshow-but-barely where people just talk shit for half an hour, with Irish flavoúr and the occasional American... I stan. Even if that Sean Locke guy seems like a bit of a prick hnng

There was also a bit where Lorraine Kelly and Scottish Male Guest talked about their mutual neighbors for four minutes? I love feeling human interaction yas.

Especially fun as I'm watching the 2011 season right now. Great joy reminiscing on the Frankie Cocozzaness of that year.

Sarah Millican is my absolute fave and I like Jimmy Carr more than all the American Jimmys. Would.

I've lost hours of my life to 8 out of 10 Cats on Freevee in the US. The entire concept of this extremely Bri'ish gameshow-but-barely where people just talk shit for half an hour, with Irish flavoúr and the occasional American... I stan. Even if that Sean Locke guy seems like a bit of a prick hnng

There was also a bit where Lorraine Kelly and Scottish Male Guest talked about their mutual neighbors for four minutes? I love feeling human interaction yas.

Especially fun as I'm watching the 2011 season right now. Great joy reminiscing on the Frankie Cocozzaness of that year.

Sarah Millican is my absolute fave and I like Jimmy Carr more than all the American Jimmys. Would.
Sean Locke was an amazing comic. I miss him on shows like 8 out of 10 Cats.

he/him/basic cishomo
Sean Locke was an amazing comic. I miss him on shows like 8 out of 10 Cats.
Aw sad I just saw that he's died and that it's actually Lock. He's got insanely inherently-funny energy, just thought he may be a little problematic from a certain angle he took on an immigrant question. But! Will watch with fondness.

I dunno, there's a certain thing about it that I find so damn cozy. We got an ass load of snow, throw in the wood stove, my cat, and 8 out of 10 Cats and I'm happy.

I've also been slowly working through my virgin voyage of French and Saunders too, as someone who very much enjoyed The Vicar of Dibley and the first two(?)* seasons of Absolutely Fabulous. I'm a fan. "The popular singer Alison Moyet" also slayed with that pilot episode performance!? The immediate stage presence and Dawn quivering in fear gsjfsajsis. And DAWN'S HAIR. YAS.
1000038628.jpg

*That chapter where I binged AbFab involved a lot of day drinking and my liver now winces every time I think about watching it. Fitting, I guess.

Aw sad I just saw that he's died and that it's actually Lock. He's got insanely inherently-funny energy, just thought he may be a little problematic from a certain angle he took on an immigrant question. But! Will watch with fondness.

I dunno, there's a certain thing about it that I find so damn cozy. We got an ass load of snow, throw in the wood stove, my cat, and 8 out of 10 Cats and I'm happy.

I've also been slowly working through my virgin voyage of French and Saunders too, as someone who very much enjoyed The Vicar of Dibley and the first two(?)* seasons of Absolutely Fabulous. I'm a fan. "The popular singer Alison Moyet" also slayed with that pilot episode performance!? The immediate stage presence and Dawn quivering in fear gsjfsajsis. And DAWN'S HAIR. YAS.
View attachment 48419

*That chapter where I binged AbFab involved a lot of day drinking and my liver now winces every time I think about watching it. Fitting, I guess.
I don't know if you've seen it but I highly recommend 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown. Some of Sean's best moments come from it in my opinion.

he/him/basic cishomo
I don't know if you've seen it but I highly recommend 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown. Some of Sean's best moments come from it in my opinion.
I'll have to see if I can find it. We've clearly gotten to the Tootsie Roll center of season 12 of the main show, the back-to-back episodes with the British gold medalist women made me gut laugh which I haven't done in, like, a year. The one with one of the prettiest smiles I've ever seen who said she went to the Tory party conference... *crickets*

And then "oh just kidding it was Labour's" dhdufodtkdyk

The jump scare of Jessie J replacing Cheryl in the intro, too. Horror!

He/Him
Don’t know if anyone else has posted about it but Paper Dolls is amazing! On paramount plus. It’s an Australian dark comedy about a girl band founded on a reality show, set in 1999, amazing soundtrack, dark comedy. At one point boomkat ‘the wreckoning’ was in it, if that doesn’t make you wanna watch it..

Island

Staff member
Don’t know if anyone else has posted about it but Paper Dolls is amazing! On paramount plus. It’s an Australian dark comedy about a girl band founded on a reality show, set in 1999, amazing soundtrack, dark comedy. At one point boomkat ‘the wreckoning’ was in it, if that doesn’t make you wanna watch it..
Some of us are talking about it in the Bardot thread! It’s so good!

he/him/basic cishomo
My GOD this S14E9 episode of 8 out of 10 Cats with Mel Giedroyc my belly hurts from laughing stopppppp. It was TV gold with her smacking her head against the desk AND THEN making the deepest wettest burp ever hfypeyksistkskchlxougudh THEY ARE A MESS FOR LEAVING THAT IN. Absolutely incredible showing.

LTG

he/him
I was quite excited for Rebel Moon but the reviews are fucking dire. Surely it can’t be that bad?!
It sounds like they released a heavily cut down version in the hopes of intentionally generating a release-the-Snyder-cut enthusiasm again

hqdefault.jpg