Additional streaming recommendations

He/him
Finally watched Jury Duty - a great little show but I found James Marsden's inclusion to be entirely unnecessary.
I couldn't see a thread for it, and it's probably not worth starting one, so I'm coat-tailing here, but I'm only 2 episodes in and this is incredible. How the fuck did these people manage to keep their shit together? The entire cast is doing some amazing improv work, this is genius.

Todd's taking off his chants at the moment. What an icon.

Last edited:
For All Smashkind finale was amazing and super tense.
It was incredible but I'm confused about who the show was trying to get us to root for. I don't want to spoil anything but one side was clearly in the wrong yet we were supposed to be happy for their "success" when they were prioritizing their own selfish neds over the good of well, all mankind?

It was incredible but I'm confused about who the show was trying to get us to root for. I don't want to spoil anything but one side was clearly in the wrong yet we were supposed to be happy for their "success" when they were prioritizing their own selfish neds over the good of well, all mankind?
I guess some saw the future of mankind on Mars, but yeah the tone was a but confusing. The show in general loves to focus on mutiny moments where all the main characters work against the system.

For me this season was the weakest. Not sure the pay off was as good as some of the other finales but I’m still excited to see where things go next.

She/Her/Queen
Apple TV basically forcing me to watch that Tom Hanks WW2 show with a bunch of shirtless hwhite men...

Maybe i'll cave.

Ate those two little Expats episode up: the Heart of Glass scene, Nicole continues to be mother.
I was very hesitant to indulge another Nicole series where she plays an alt version of Celeste, but like Jean Marc Vallée steering Big Little Lies or Sharp Objects, Lulu Wang is really in control here and the second episode especially was strong. Beautifully shot, and a lot of choices, both aesthetically and plotting, that are rising above the typical Cabernet and Drama genre.

Episode two was a lot better - the first was floating around shellshocked the second had some real bite to it. Having lived in Hong Kong a long time this is exactly how families treat their helpers and how kids treat their parents.

Hijack has been renewed for a second season by Apple, proving once again that the word "miniseries" should be taken with a generous dose of salt these days.

What is the difference between a miniseries and a limited series these days?

Has anyone started watching Domino Day on iPlayer? It’s a British witchy drama that has been heavily compared to Buffy and stars Missy from Ackley Bridge.

he/him/his
Hijack has been renewed for a second season by Apple, proving once again that the word "miniseries" should be taken with a generous dose of salt these days.

Loved the first season but don‘t know how a second season can work again except it‘s new actors.