Additional Streaming Recommendations | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Additional Streaming Recommendations

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Subwaykid, Nov 11, 2020.

1. I've been watching Loudermilk on Amazon Prime and it's quite good. Ron Livingston plays an addiction counsellor who's kind of a loveable a##h$le. It's more dry, sardonic humour (which fits, given the subject matter) so don't expect a breezy sitcom, but it's worth checking out.

2. It’s so warm and delightful. I never expected to become so invested in a show about soccer, but it’s so full of heart.

3. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Just wanted to echo the love for Ted Lasso. I started watching last week and I wasn't initially hooked but I thought it was cute - and then I think it was episode 5 that was the clincher for me that made me realize how special it was. Such a lovely little show, and I'm glad Season 2 has started off promisingly as well.

aux likes this.
  4. Let me start Cruel Summer on Prime

5. As you should. It’s fantastic.

colouroffensive, crash9081 and Andrew like this.
  6. Any shows to recommend on Acorn? Signed up since it’s so cheap but don’t really want to waste my time watching mediocre shows.

7. I really recommend Kevin Can F Himself. Amazing show with a great concept. One of my favourite series this year.

OlliMaus, Maria and lushLuck like this.
  8. Also one of my favorites this year. An incredible dark comedy/heartbreaking drama that is unlike anything I’ve ever seen before on television, and proves Annie Murphy has incredible range as an actress.

OlliMaus, Andrew and spaceship like this.
  9. I'm in awe at her ability to completely transform herself from the sitcom scenes to the drama. Maybe it's because I'm in the UK and it shows on Amazon with no marketing whatsoever, but the response here has been very muted and it deserves more. Definitely the best AMC series since Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul.

10. This got added to Amazon Prime here in the UK last Friday. So happy I can finally watch it!

OlliMaus, spaceship and lushLuck like this.
  11. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

It really is an amazing concept. Unlike anything I've ever watched, and yet it also makes me wonder how no one had the idea to do it before! I also can't applaud Annie Murphy enough for making it her first post-Schitt's Creek role, I think it's going to pay off well for her future career.

Also about the finale...
    The moment when Neil started choking her but we were still in the 'sitcom' setting made me so uncomfortable, it was kinda brilliant.

OlliMaus, lushLuck and spaceship like this.
  12. I tried the Kevin Can F Himself first episode. The concept is really great but I just can't stand whenever it changes to sitcom mode and we have to endure the fake laughing. I'll try one more before deciding if this just isn't for me.

Nwonder likes this.
  13. Finished the second episode of Cruel Summer last night and i am gripped with the mystery. I am a very slow watcher usually but i can see myself racing through this.

Jeanette can choke.

lushLuck, Maria, Andrew and 1 other person like this.
  14. Olivia Holt is so great, infact the whole cast. It just snowballs into greatness in my opinion.

lushLuck, Maria and enjoy like this.
  15. rdp

rdp

I just watched The Voyeurs on Prime and I'm screaming.
    I mean none of the twists were really sold that well but the audacity of the script alone... I was laughing when the credits rolled up.
    Not exactly good but it's a fun watch if you're in the mood for a sexy/ridiculous/fucked up thriller. More of those pls

RainOnFire and lushLuck like this.
  16. I had to turn it off because it was so cringe. A lot of eye candy though.

17. I have finished Cruel Summer an it was the best series i have watched for a while. Kate is such a queen. I want season 2 but i don't know where they can go.

Starting LulaRich and ff, this is a mess i can't wait to finish. The leggings with the penis design nn.

lushLuck, Andrew and Maria like this.
    Andrew likes this.
  19. It is garbage of the highest order, and I enjoyed every moment.

20. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Just finished The Voyeurs and it was the dumbest fucking thing I've watched in a minute, I'm laughing so hard right now. An iconic mess.

lushLuck and rdp like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.