Additional Streaming Recommendations | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Additional Streaming Recommendations

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Subwaykid, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Anyone watched Olivia Colman's HBO max limited series Landscapers?

2. Has anyone watched Fresh on Disney+?

3. The Eyes of Tammy Faye was sensational. So glad Jessica got the best actress Oscar for it because WHEW! She was acting her face off.

Txetxu likes this.
  4. I’ve just finished it. Utterly, utterly brilliant, Olivia and David were spectacular. The various toning, styling and sets were so cleverly done too.

It was great to watch something that was different and stands apart from all the current dramas.

Maria, Andrew and Lately like this.
  5. Y'all really need to get into Pachinko. The cinematography, the acting, the story: 10/10

jtm and singabob like this.
  6. Jerrod Charmichael's Rothaniel is essential viewing. It's laugh-out-loud funny but also jaw-droppingly vulnerable. It's almost uncomfortably honest at times, but seriously beautiful. I can't recommend it enough.

RainOnFire and WowWowWowWow like this.
  7. Been looking forward to this for ages. Loved the book and I'll watch Elisabeth Moss in pretty much anything.

8. I'm finding the Julia show from HBO Max very charming.

Maria likes this.
  9. I tried this HBO Max show about gay pirates, "Our Flag Means Death" but thought the pilot was shit. But it made sense when I saw Taika Waititi was behind it - something about his comedy shows never click with me.

Also, I think it's way past time we get separate threads for different streaming services? Apple and HBO Max at least. Feels weird to have one thread for netflix and then everything else crampled here.

10. Absolutely loving and enjoying Hacks. It’s a HBO Max show but is available on Amazon Prime in the UK.

4Roses, Maria, lushLuck and 1 other person like this.
  11. The different streaming platforms - and what’s available on them - feels too varied by region to have individual threads for each. Having Hulu content being discussed in the Disney thread (due to Hulu being Disney Star in some countries) and non-Netflix shows being discussed in the Netflix thread (simply because it’s where certain shows air in specific regions) already complicates things enough for me. That’s just my personal opinion, so I feel this is a good space for general streaming programs, unless they get enough of a response to warrant their own thread.

Ashling92, Someboy, Andrew and 4 others like this.
  12. Totally agree, and I’d support a merging of the Netflix thread for that reason too.

Blue6010 likes this.
  14. Wonderful, I thought it would go the anthology route

lushLuck likes this.
  15. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I just finished watching this and my heart is bursting. I hadn't heard of him before but I'm a fan for life now. That almost felt like watching a therapy session - at times it felt like we shouldn't even be watching, especially the final few moments when audience members were asking him questions (like a therapist would in fact) and him processing in real-time. He's amazing and I hope he knows how many people he's helping by doing this.

VicePresidentJocasta likes this.
    4Roses likes this.
  17. Watched the first episode last night, Sarah Lancashire, David Hyde-Pierce, Bebe Neuwirth and Brittany Bradford...
    A Cast!

And it seems to be utterly wonderful

4Roses, Maria and Sick Sad World like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.