Adele - 25 | Page 157 | The Popjustice Forum

Adele - 25

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TasteIt, May 5, 2014.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

Where did you get this from?

Where is your father, young lady? Oh Pieeeerrrreeee!

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  2. That hair she had on Jonathon Ross (I think it was) was awful and looked like a wig somebody borrowed from 'Hairspray'

The low ponytail looked great

3. As if Adele would need to borrow wigs when she's snatched so many.

4. Sam

Sam

5. With a little more than one week until street, Adele’s 25 (XL/Columbia) continues to rack up huge preorder numbers. Across all retailers, 25 is approaching 500k in orders. Of course, the bulk of this—over 80%—is digital, since most physical retailers don’t offer a preorder option. (But those that do are seeing serious action: At Amazon, 25 is nearing the record 88k set by Susan Boyle’s debut SYCO/Columbia release.)

Only two weeks ago, Adele became the first artist to sell over 1m downloads of a single track with “Hello.” Will she become the first artist to sell 1m digital albums in a single week? With current forecasts at 2-2.5m for the album overall, it’s very likely she will.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=298449

6. Just wow, it looks like its going to be a really close call. She will probably only just miss the NSYNC record by the looks of things, which these days is still a massive triumph.

Island likes this.
  7. I really want her to have the biggest first week sales ever. Bye bye bye, N*SYNC.

8. I don't want her to beat Britney's record, but since she's going to I want her to take down NSYNC too.

DreamlessNights likes this.
  9. Have I ever mentioned that it's 2015?

10. Over 2 million?! That's ridiculous and amazing at the same time. I mean that's in the region of all-time numbers! At least she's totally eclipsing Britney's record rather than coming in a few hundred thousand either way.

11. KILL US ALL

Subwaykid and Bobbyrae like this.
  12. Island

Island Staff Member

C'mon Adele. Get those preorders!

13. Breaking NSYNC's record feels wrong.

14. Island

Island Staff Member

No, it doesn't. It's 2015.

Sam, PEARL, Subwaykid and 6 others like this.
  15. NSYNC having that record feels wrong.

(For some reason, I never really associated an act like NSYNC with record sales. Britney too, for that matter. Obviously they were massive and superstars, but I though a record like that was in the hands of someone with amore all-encompassing fanbase... like Adele!)

Ray, Subwaykid, kal and 1 other person like this.
  16. I don't understand why they thought they had to alter her vocals. I admit I didn't like the belting parts from the original version but that's no reason to change it. I don't need perfect vocals. Her performances from Rolling In The Deep or Someone Like You weren't always perfect either.

I doubt the media or the general public will care. We mentioned plenty of times that Beyonce for example steals writing credits (and dance routines) but nobody cared.

17. I would be really surprised if she managed to break NSYNC's record.

18. I reckon she'll smash it with ease

2014 likes this.
  19. Not today, Britney stan. If anyone gets a lot of flack for doing nothing wrong, it's Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter. Thankfully, she has a clean record (unlike actual thieves - Pharrell, Robin, etc.)

RJF likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.