Adele - 30 | Page 157 | The Popjustice Forum

Adele - 30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Jun 25, 2018.

1. It's shit. I genuinely don't understand how people stan her.

2. It seems a lil' Lorde'd - like you can actually hear where the production team was like "no, we're not doing a snare here."

3. Not you actually admitting this dd. There was no image change she just lost weight. To expect a sound shift based off that is weird no?

4. Surely this is her most lacklustre first single?

Wishlight, Ashling92, myblood and 8 others like this.
  5. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Is it so hard for her to fucking stand up though.

6. Carrying the recording industry on her back with those sales

snoho, Blond, Wishlight and 35 others like this.
  7. After a couple more listens, I do think her voice sounds more agile? She's switching between registers more seamlessly with less strain. Doesn't exactly save the song, though.

8. As someone who has been perpetually tired for most of my life I find it to be the most relatable thing about her, honestly. Queen of sitting!

9. Adele when 35 comes out

10. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

ddddddddd I'm basic, I love it. Give me Adele singing to a slow song, and I'll gobble it up.

[​IMG]

tea, snoho, Blond and 14 others like this.
  11. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

The most disappointing part is in the second verse where she threatens to turn it into a Bleeding Love-esque ballad bop, but then she retreats.

12. I have no issue with her churning out some ballads, it's her bread and butter and she knows it. But I wish they were more grandiose. Give me full blown orchestra even.

13. All I have to say is that y'all better be buying/streaming KC8 whenever it comes out, and stream "When Christmas Comes Around..." (out tomorrow) this holiday season for some festive divorce songs as a preview!

[​IMG]

Blond, Wishlight, myblood and 7 others like this.
  14. You couldn't pay me to listen to Christmas music, but I will be streaming KC8.

tea, heavymetalGAGA, Blond and 11 others like this.
  15. Numerous listens and I’m annoyed at being edged when the 2nd verse comes. As if the drums were literally waiting in line to hit and all you hear are just faint kicks.

Florencia. and Nigel like this.
  16. I mean, psychoanalysis-wise, I’m sure I probably subconsciously associate “thin and blonde” with something other than drab piano ballads. Not that I was ever expecting her to give me some Kylie-esque poppers-infused bops! I don’t think it’s that odd to anticipate a slight sound transformation alongside any sort of image transformation. I knew she was never giving me my Carnival Gyal reggaeton jams.

matthew. likes this.
  17. It just doesn’t give “ADELE IS BACK” the way Hello did. It’s way too reminiscent of everything we’ve come to expect from her. They shoulda went with something more unique, I’m sure there’s something else on the album that would have sufficed.

18. Maybe it’s because I had reasonable expectations nn but I’m enjoying this!

snoho, Blond, Laurence and 7 others like this.
  19. To me, the song feels like when you’ve seen an old friend that you haven’t seen in years. It’s…comforting, and I think it works well as a lead in that regard. Not every lead single needs to be a mindblowing “I’m back, bitches” moment.

tea, Blond, Modeblock and 14 others like this.
  20. Her music isn't exciting enough for me to imagine actually hating it. It's bland most of the time but I don't think that makes it offensively bad? I've seen people give a pass to far worse so it makes me wonder what about her makes the people that don't like her, hate her. Is it the acclaim? The accolades? The sales? In this essay I will-

On a serious note, I do think that people see the potential and are frustrated that she doesn't do anything exciting with her voice or her music. I feel the same way but also, she's not an artist that I look to for those things. It's just kind of whatever to me, I guess. It's cold where I'm at and this sounds nice paired with the fall weather. I don't think much beyond that when I'm listening to Adele, honestly.

tea, Wishlight, ALEX and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.