Adele - 30 | Page 164 | The Popjustice Forum

Adele - 30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Er, no you didn’t. If “womansplaining” also commonly described a condescending attitude towards others I might have used that instead. My earliest memories are of being shamed for playing with dolls and I got called “tranny” all through secondary school. I don’t reinforce arbitrary gender boundaries through language. If men can use words like “bitch” or “fish” to describe themselves a woman can mansplain. But 10 out of 10 for effort.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  2. My boyfriend already told me to stop breaking glasses by singing the chorus. 10/10 single confirmed.

Wishlight, Damita Jo, myblood and 4 others like this.
  3. ADM

ADM

She announced a small venue in Dublin pre-21, pre-Brits performance, for that, maybe 21 euro. I had them in my basket at one stage, and said 'no, it's fine they'll be there in a few weeks'. A few weeks later the tickets were going for maybe 2000 euro. One of my biggest musical regrets.

She's amazing in interviews. Such a hag. I love her. I love how easygoing she is about details like 'it was meant to come out last year' when we see her as such an elusive being.

4. When she went from black and white to full colour I felt it in my soul. What a woman.

5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Actually, it’s questionable whether men can use those words to describe themselves, and it has nothing to do with what mansplaining is. Neither does your childhood experience with gender non-conformity (which is shared by plenty of people on this forum, sadly).

Please knock it off with the condescension and move on. There is literally no need to continue this line of discussion.

tea, heavymetalGAGA, Tabris and 33 others like this.
  6. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

You could have just apologised too.

tea, heavymetalGAGA, Tabris and 33 others like this.
  7. Funny you say that, as I was coming out the gig, a couple in front of me were from Ireland and had paid £500 each for a ticket.

The Brit performance just rocketed the prices - I am glad the Husband didn’t sell them :)

Andrew likes this.
  8. Well this is gorgeous. I’m so easily pleased with Adele - I just think she nails it even when it’s this simple.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    wickedbruv, Stopremix and Andrew like this.
  9. I’m so ready for Sad Girl Autumn.

I was lucky enough to get audience tickets to Adele at the BBC (and somehow managed to meet her and get in the 2nd row of the stage for the interview) and it was stunning.

Her voice ‘live’ feels so special. Fingers crossed for another tour. It’s always such a Kii between songs.

Robert and Andrew like this.
  10. Usually it goes Adele style whopper (Rolling, Hello) followed by something softer (Someone, When), so I wonder if she's reversed the order slightly.
    Ease us in, then smack us with a louder second single.
    I haven't stopped replaying Easy On Me, is lovely, and it just hits right. It better be on the work's playlist by the time I get in, it took the cig in head office about two hours to add Ed's crap

Robert and robster like this.
  11. This is one of the upsides to having a job that's now predominantly home based - the work playlist is whatever you say it is!

The BST Hyde Park thing would be a great place to see her, although tickets are going to be gold dust obviously.

Andrew likes this.
  12. She was saying the release date has been set for 6 months since there was a 25 week lead time to get the CD and vinyl made.

Atletico, blaze_dave, GRMusic and 3 others like this.
  13. I totally agree that men shouldn’t use those words because they’re gross, especially the latter (look through some of my earlier posts. It’s a matter of public record). But that was kind of my point?

I’m not going to let someone put words in my mouth, sorry.

HippoSteaks likes this.
  14. This THREAT

15. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Well while you’re at it, you should probably take the word “tranny” out of your vocabulary. Unless you’re trans yourself (which I’m contextually assuming you aren’t), that’s not a slur you get to use.

16. And why are you making contextual assumptions?

“Tranny” has never been a part of my vocabulary.

17. Oh this is gorgeous and the first verse has lovely lyrics.

18. kal

kal

It's interesting she said in one of the interviews posted on the previous pages that Easy On Me is "the most Adele sounding song" on the album, and that the others are pretty different.

I hope she wasn't just being cheeky.

Mikal, Andrew, Bobbyrae and 1 other person like this.
  19. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Have another try in two weeks.

tea, heavymetalGAGA, Tabris and 43 others like this.
  20. The energy in this thread continues to be weird.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.