Adele - 30 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Adele - 30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Jun 25, 2018.

1. She did say she didn't want as long a break between albums this time so seems right.

2. Excited! She should work with Max Martin again, I really liked "Send My Love".

distant_cousin and Andrew like this.
  3. Excited. I loved 25. She should do the music she wants to in the end.

4. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Scream at y'all hoping for a bop-filled album. We will get 15 ballads + 1 uptempo and we will deal.

5. By the time it's released it'll be the same length as the last break...

TheDangerZone likes this.
  6. I do, for some reason, feel like she’ll loosen up on this album. Not total dance diva but something more diverse and expansive.

popzone and andru like this.
  7. I'd like her to abandon the age-as-a-title thing, which I think she's said before she will, and take a new direction with her music - expand on the more experimental songs from 25. I'd like to see some electronic flourishes and maybe a little bit of a trip-hop vibe in the production? But I fully expect it'll be an album of ballads.

distant_cousin and Verandi like this.
  8. I mean I understand we won't get a bopx12 album BUT there are so many ways to make a ballad interesting. Ok you can sing with just a piano and/or guitar as backing track but PLEASE change it up a bit. The first album that comes to mind is Bare by Annie Lennox. One can dream

Inland Empire likes this.
  9. She's yet to release her Gay Anthem, and every diva has one. So do that challenge I guess.

10. Could be 4 years instead of 4 1/2 years.

Clutching straws and all that.

11. Set Fire To The Rain though.

12. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Five or six songs I quite like is all I want (and expect) from an Adele album.

13. Yeah, I feel like a handful of her songs could be gay anthems, it's just not so obvious.

distant_cousin likes this.
  14. Can't wait. I really hope she accepts the gig as Nancy on the new film version of Oliver! too, she's perfect for the role and I believe they're reworking the score so there might even be a second (new) song for her in it!

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  15. They're remaking Oliver!? Interesting.

16. You can just tell that the world will explode once this drops. I’m building my shelter for when the first single drops and is overplayed by radio. Please call the album Apocalypse.

The way they built up anticipation by announcing this and dropping little hints for the coming year like they did for 25 last time.

She has a class team behind her really. Everything is executed to perfection.

17. Too soon, Cancele.

Mirwais Ahmadzaï and Suburbia like this.
  18. Adele doesn't read as Nancy to me. Maybe a cameo as a town crier.

distant_cousin likes this.
  19. MAKE NEW FILMS.

20. There's really no way this project will be Ed Sheeran-free, is there? I'm definitely not looking forward to that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.