Adele - 30 | Page 258 | The Popjustice Forum

Adele - 30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Jun 25, 2018.

1. It's so painfully pandering that it's giving me Olive Garden Endless Breadsticks™ With Adele.

2. [​IMG]

brauliocruz, ItBeats, Monado and 26 others like this.
  3. That's the VIP M&G package!

4. The way I'd actually consider it if it were.

Blond, Island, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  5. Last tour I went to see her (O2) with a couple we're friends with. I told them we should make 'we came from Greece queen!' signs since we had second row middle seats but they were like 'she's not that type of artist!!'' so we did not. Of course we get there and anyone with any sign, even on blocks 100 rows aways got to go on stage and get a pic with her. I was fuming.

6. kal

kal

Wait. @Vasilios attending an event and not getting a photo op with any celeb he desires??
    Makes sense.

7. Okay, had a few long train journeys recently and I've kept plugging away at this album and giving it repeated listens and... I think I like it now?! Talk about a grower.

Love
    Strangers by Nature
    Easy on Me
    Oh My God (needs to be a single)
    Can I Get It (needs to be a single)
    Love Is a Game

My Little Love (I even don't dislike the voice notes now)
    Cry Your Heart Out
    I Drink Wine (not single-worthy but enjoyable and I don't get the hate)
    All Night Parking
    Hold On

Meh
    Woman Like Me (snore.........zzz)
    To Be Loved (She sounds very strained vocally towards the end of this song. It's not great)

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  8. I did a revamped version of Can I get it.

Replaced the acoustic 2nd chorus with a bombastic one including the vocals and whistle.

+ added a mini hook when she said "and I know you wanna" I repeated the "wanna" right after. She does that on the next phrase "counting on you"..."on you".

9. This is for pop fans. Obviously the "non generic music" fans should ignore the post (please)

Misco likes this.
  10. She talks about/confirms the “I Drink Wine” video in this, and says it’s the campiest thing ever.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  11. The kind of camp she talks about tumblr_pr45baojsQ1ujsdro_1280.jpg

tea, papatrick, Mr.Arroz and 44 others like this.
  12. "I don't want another Hello. It gave me a level of fame I don't want again"

*Proceeds to do every viral video promotion she can and has a primetime network television special*

13. Though it feels much lower key, Easy on Me has already been at no 1 for double the time that Hello was in the U.K. and shows no signs of easing off, at least until Mariah gets her week at no 1 during Christmas.

14. Finally had the chance to listen to the album, and I'm liking the majority of it.
    It's very much Adele doing what Adele does. She knows her lane and she doesn't stray too far out of it. I think Easy on Me was the best first single to choose from. I really like Can I Get It (I did think the guitar at the very beginning sounded slightly like a Red Hot Chilli Peppers track though)!

Mikal and GRMusic like this.
  16. I took a couple days break from using the album and came back to it this morning and whew, it hit different.

SlowBurn likes this.
  17. Best week of the year. Germany already has her at #1, not everybody has that.

18. That's also in part because the charts are more stagnant now no?

Mushroom, Joe., lutz and 2 others like this.
  19. The intro does sound like it's leading into Dani California, now you mention it.

FresherThanYou likes this.
  20. I hadn't listened to it for about a week and it sounded utterly wonderful when I returned to it today. It's my favourite album of hers without a shadow of a doubt.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.