Adele - 30 | Page 260 | The Popjustice Forum

Adele - 30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Inside of Pitchfork's best albums of the year. Deserved.

2. Have just found the B-side of the Easy on Me cassette single is actually blank like the label shows, presumably so you can record something yourself (Bow Wow Wow impact!). Obviously this means my copy will contain the Louis La Roche mix.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  3. Got distracted at work and missed my presale time. Now I see the cheapest seats are currently going for $4,000+?
    [​IMG]

Mushroom, DoggySwami, Island and 6 others like this.
  4. Can I Get It is very rootsy. Model '33' on both that and Oh My God.

5. The adlibs on the 2nd verse of Can I Get It (end of time, soo-ooo divine) are really incredible. So rich. She has many amazing adlib moments on this record but that one really hits every time.

Great track. Especially the "will you... run with me?" post-chorus that comes out of nowhere when you think the song has played its whole hand.

Jersey, jk-ennedy, bakerboy92 and 2 others like this.
  6. I love Can I Get It but it’s definitely the song that wears out it’s welcome fastest for me based on the whistle alone. Let me be clear that I still love the song, I’m an absurd Adele stan. The prechorus is a moment! The vocal shift and affection on that first oh I had promised… is perfect. but the breakdown to build up on the can I get it? Doesn’t work for me when it’s answered by the cheap whistle. It feels like Max Martin just missing the mark and making a bad production move as sacrilegious as that is to say here. I’m sure the songwriting doesn’t help. I’m also very much team I Drink Wine so maybe this is a bops va ballads moment?

Methyn Marquis likes this.
  7. As expected

8. Folklore is the better album but congrats to both ladies!

9. Not me about to pen my 17th defensive post about evermore being the better album until I saw the thread title.

Misco, GodsAndMonsters and soratami like this.
  10. Folklore wins that too purely because of that three song run in the middle.

11. Weirdly, there are loads of songs on 30 that I’d looove to hear Rihanna on. Woman Like Me and I Drink Wine in particular.

Anyway, this album is kinda great.

enjoy, SlowBurn, Sam and 3 others like this.
  12. I’m currently obsessed with to be loved.

Yes. It’s a bit screechy in places but lovely none the less.

BritPopLover likes this.
  13. Radio 2 just played Can I Get It and introduced it as "new from Adele". I wonder if that means Oh My God won't get anymore push? And what about the second video (allegedly I Drink Wine) she shot in LA?

Vashetti likes this.
  14. The Radio 2 playlist has been updated over the last couple of days with “Tracks from 30” added to the B-List so I wouldn’t necessarily take this as a confirmation of single releases as yet, as they are presumably playing a wide selection of songs from the album which the presenters may just identify as “new from Adele”
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2qNJsnjYFvbLrK9CZ0CfYfM/radio-2-new-music-playlist

Mikal likes this.
  15. It seems like the strategy is let Easy on Me be there big easy GP hit and work on longevity of album sales vs pushing a follow up single. I could see her popping by the Grammys or SNL (if ya know, these precede the apocalypse) and busting out Oh My God and a video of beautiful gowns for a nice Send My Love style push. I don’t think she’ll ever do the 21 hustle again cause she doesn’t have to and she wants to be with her kid and I love that for her

16. Oh My God is already at nearly 100M plays on Spotify with no real push, so it would make sense to send it to radio and do even one televised performance just to make it feels like an official 'single'. It should do well with very little actual work from Adele.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.