Adele - 30 | Page 264 | The Popjustice Forum

Adele - 30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Rolling in the deep remains her best but this comes close. I actually quite liked it.

VitaminBee likes this.
  2. Now sis...

Hunter, 1986, Blond and 8 others like this.
  3. Ummm she has hardly in it? Anyhoo, this was a lovely Madonna tour interlude.

Hunter and VivaForever like this.
  4. Obviously it's a sin to be the most boring part of your own video, but I still thought the movement and choreography and dancers themselves were all beautiful.

PushyBakerFriend and Marquis like this.
  5. I actually really enjoyed this. I wish it were in color, though.

Island, R0B0TB0Y, sesita and 4 others like this.
  6. Been struggling to think of anything to post about it so... there we are.

irishlamb, Stopremix and Sam like this.
  7. For a video whose sole concept was "Adele sits while others move... now with added one-shot camerawork", it could've been worse ddd.

I clowned myself waiting for it to turn to colour though. What a waste of a lovely red dress.

hmmm...

8. Quite daring for Adele is like...Marybeth having a second glass of wine after picking her kids up from soccer practice! So kOoKY!!

9. Well, Madonna’s choreographer worked on the video!

10. I was living on my first listen thinking it was this big wink to all the chairs and the obvious other references and my homosexual senses were overwhelmed imagining her looks in color and assuming I would on the last chorus at very least. Rewatched today and it really feels hollow without any sort of ratcheting up

11. I was disappointed at first but now I’ve grown to like both the song and the video. I would have given her more handography though, as in that millisecond at the end she looks fabulous. She’s totally serving Glenn Close in The Stepford Wives all the way through.

12. Easy On Me definitely feels like a modern Adele classic now and sits well alongside Rolling In The Deep, Someone Like You, Set Fire To The Rain and Hello. I’d love for Oh My God to properly smash, I’m feeling a renewed love for it since the video came out.

13. RMK

RMK

It's charting like a classic but it doesn't feel as monumental as the other smashes. That's probably more of a product of how fragmented the music market it is (songs aren't in your face as much unless you want them to be), but it is interesting.

jakeyfw, Verandi, diegolcl and 4 others like this.
  14. It's gonna be like one of five songs by a woman to have ten weeks at #10 this century. Maybe we need to defer less to feelings and more to numbers, no?

15. Easy on Me is way better than Hello. I don't care for the album, but it might be my favorite single of hers.

16. Hello is her best song, in my opinion.

17. As far as her leads go:

Rolling In The Deep > Hometown Glory >>> Hello >>> Easy On Meh

Verandi likes this.
  18. Why do I low-key feel her cover of ‘Many Shades of Black’ is one of the best things she’s done ddd.

-SNS- and Madaboutmusic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.