Adele - 30 | Page 269 | The Popjustice Forum

Adele - 30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Jun 25, 2018.

• Nadine Coyle at Pizza Express.
    • Wee Papa Girl Rappers supporting a Greek pop star on tour in Greece in 1989 (niche!!!)

jakeyfw, Wishlight and Shuey like this.
  1. Nadine Coyle at Nadine's Irish Mist.

jakeyfw, Wishlight and JasonJay like this.
  2. Gaga at Ikea!

3. This is a lawsuit-in-waiting, I fear.

4. This may be true, but who's to say the people who probably paid a small fortune for tickets would be satisfied with a barebones acoustic show? Sure it would have been a nice gesture, but it wouldn't be a perfect solution at all.

Mike and JMRGBY like this.
  5. There’s a law that says if you get 45 minutes it’s a full show no? So Becky will just have to make do and hits the slots earlier.

poshlopez and inevitable like this.
  6. Christ, the patronizing!

Whether or not Adele could have done a low-budget makeshift show for one weekend instead of rescheduling must rank among one of the forum’s more useless arguments.

7. Like why doesn't she just invite everyone who had tickets into a zoom call and make it work? I don't get it.
    /sarcasm

JMRGBY likes this.
  8. People siding with a multi-milionarie singer and Las Vegas CEOs... smells like capitalism.
    As much as Adele can cry in front of a camera for her followers, it’s her audience who got really hurt. And I say this as a big fan of hers.

9. Any type of an event with Adele (in any form) for the first weekend attendees (who traveled to Vegas especially and got the news hours before snow time) would’ve been a great solution. And their show could still be rescheduled with the others. And would’ve made things less messy.

madgemad and poshlopez like this.
  10. I don’t think anyone here is siding with those responsible for the residency; it’s pretty unanimous that they handled this in the worst way possible. That said, I agree some sort of last-minute Plan B performance would have been near-impossible.

11. Also "smells like capitalism" in a discussion about a show in Las Vegas...I mean, wow.

slaybellz, Overdose, jtm and 16 others like this.
  12. This was nice though (even if yeah, the whole thing is a mess)

C0254665-7916-4672-BA69-CE38243AF17A.jpeg

13. I’ve seen that she was FaceTiming people in the merch store.

Mikal, JMRGBY and electrosamurai like this.
  14. Smells like capitalism!!!!! You can't have it both ways babe

15. I believe it tbh. It was out of her hands, the money making machine in Vegas was not going to give up that easily.

Wishlight, Eskapism, Tabris and 13 others like this.
  16. Also, same.

Wishlight, Tabris, Overdose and 16 others like this.
  17. Would not be surprised. Especially as a Gaga fan who has had her tour in "Postponed" mode for almost 2 years now. These agencies and whatnot want to make their money. I'm sure against her pleas, they tried everything they could to make it happen and waited far too long to decide it could not. Unfortunately that would just makes her look bad even if it's their fault. I can understand why she's so upset.
    But like, she will move on to perform again when it's possible. The real people who are effected by this is everyone who cannot get refunds on their trip. And that really sucks. Just another sign our world isn't ready for events like this to be happening again.

18. The facetiming. Elizabeth Warren who.

19. RMK

RMK

Ultimately Adele is the face which means the backlash will go toward her, but when you're under contracts and working with these bigger venues it makes sense she wouldn't have the final say.

While I'm totally understanding Covid may have been the final strike, if I had bought a ticket and was avidly traveling for her this weekend I'd probably have a different interpretation. It's really unfortunate, especially for a show that doesn't require as much. When she says production delays, the average person is just going to say "buy different curtains" and point to Katy Perry or Gaga's production.

mayhuee likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.