Adele - 30 | Page 312 | The Popjustice Forum

Adele - 30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Imagine living in the timeline where Adele’s performing in Vegas and says “right let’s party” and then she starts singing…

wodny and Poker Pro like this.
  2. Or better..
    I could have my gucci on

3. I'm not doubting Adele would have still had success. I just wonder if, had Amy's path been a different one, would she have gone on to see the success Adele now has? Would we have seen them both rise to this type of fame or would one have overshadowed the other?
    Amy's troubles lead to so many delays in potential new music. Had that not have been the case then a follow up to Back to Black could have come around much sooner and been monumental.

It's just an interesting thought. I always felt a little like there was this hole after Amy left that was there to step into. But as you say, Adele was already having success so it's more likely just my interpretation of the situation.

It sometimes seems like we only allow one person to have huge success at a time. Then once that flame dulls we are onto the next big thing we can champion.

mcuk likes this.
  4. Amy's music and image was far too edgy for at least half of Adele's audience

sesita, mcuk, Liberty and 14 others like this.

5. Okay girlie

soratami, Laurence, sesita and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.