aespa (æspa) | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

aespa (æspa)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by eccentricsimply, Oct 25, 2020.

?

Who's your aespa bias?

1. Karina

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Giselle

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. Winter

15 vote(s)
    34.9%
  4. Ningning

19 vote(s)
    44.2%
  5. ae-Karina

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. ae-Giselle

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  7. ae-Winter

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  8. ae-Ningning

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

They performed at two festivals back to back today

Loved the styling for both and how they matched the universities colours and loved listening to people screaming for them!!! aespa you'll always be famous for real for real.

2. eccentricsimply

Japanese account was opened as well as a website. There's a countdown for four days from now and the speculation ranges from everything between comeback announcement, Japanese debut announcement and Japan fanclub sign ups for J-mys. I'm betting on debut with a Japanese version of one of their songs to be performed at SMTown.

ohdenny, ysev, boombazookajoe and 2 others like this.
  3. eccentricsimply

How are they pulling these charts with a surprise release dropped at 1pm KST with no teaser no music video no announcement no nothing?

ysev, bbynewyear, ohdenny and 7 others like this.
  4. Illusion is...

[​IMG]

enjoy, ysev, Butterfly and 3 others like this.
  5. This is why it's called ilIussion...

Kadebostany and ultraviolet like this.
  6. Illusion goes so hard!!! Aespa are the moment

Kadebostany and ultraviolet like this.
  7. I'm not too crazy on Ilusion ddd but it's a serviceable album and tacking on Forever and Black Mamba on the tracklist is... a choice.

8. The absence of Next Level makes it even more confusing…

bbynewyear likes this.
  9. ultraviolet likes this.
  10. eccentricsimply

I actually think that the inclusion of those is something for Apple Music only? Because based on the track list from the pre-orders, it's only six tracks.

11. I guess it's just a stream-pushing tactic? Which still doesn't really explain the absence of Next Level, unless they're saving that for their full length debut?

12. I'm confused, why do we expect Next Level on this mini album? It didn't appear on the first one either.

13. I think because Black Mamba and Forever proceed it and they’re showing up on this new mini… makes Next Level’s absence glaring. Not that we want it, we just don’t see the logic.

Illusion is great work, very chill but hard hitting. If it was a title track it’d feel like aespa’s response to the new girls going for more stripped down/vibey sounds (Fearless, Love Dive etc), but obviously with their own take/character on it.

14. Oooh, I didn't saw the tracklist. Well, now it makes sense.

boombazookajoe likes this.
  15. eccentricsimply

aespa are indeed having a cinematic release for SMCU ep 2

Also this photoshoot came out and I'm obsessed with WinNing here

[​IMG]

enjoy, ohdenny, ysev and 9 others like this.
  16. Their artistic team has been lifting inspiration from Björk's work and while part of the internet is petty about it, I can't help but appreciate a K-pop group finally referencing my all time fave diva.

But I'll also need them to reference the music - Army of Me, Hyperballad, Crystalline, All Neon Like, Innocence and even the boppier bits of Jóga are nice templates for some K-popfication. Like, I want to see Giselle rapping over 5 Year's beat line. Give us their Consideration (feat. SZA)!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

askew, enjoy, ohdenny and 8 others like this.
  17. eccentricsimply

Coachella vlog

I listen to singers, I very rarely listen to people who... cannot sing.

18. Or this
    [​IMG]

19. I am obsessed with Illusion.

enjoy, ohdenny, HippoSteaks and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.