After School + Sub-Units | Page 318 | The Popjustice Forum

After School + Sub-Units

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by SloMover, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Shoot... I spent so much of my time on Produce 101 Season 1 and 2 with voting and watching everyday. I promised myself not to do it again this season but I may for Kaeun. :/ I want the best for her and all the members.

SloMover and Seger like this.
  2. She looks so happy! It's great to see her performing on stage once again. She really deserves to be the Korean center. I'd like to believe she'll make it to the final line-up (6 Japanese girls and 6 Korean girls).

3. Centers from Pick Me stages so far have always made the line up. I think she has enough early backing right now. As long as MNET doesn't edit her poorly/edit her out completely, I think she is in good hands.

Seger likes this.
  4. This is the first time she's done a cute, girlish concept. I always forget she debuted with the iconic Flashback in 2012. Everything she has released under the After School brand (sans Shine) has been on the sexy and chic sides.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Reboot, sin·gu·lar·i·ty and Ceir like this.
  5. Queen Raina showing some support:

6. They. Did. Not.

Majority of the stocks (51%) of Pledis have been recently acquired by CJ E&M. Kaeun, you got this one.

She performed Havana.

And River.

Osiris and Ceir like this.

7. OMG KAEUN LET'S GET IT

8. Korea finally waking up after sleeping on this girl's greatness for five to six years.

Osiris and Slice of Life like this.
  9. In the exchange between Kari & Kaeun, the other judge asked Kahi if she knew Kaeun and Kahi said "I've never worked with her".

Perhaps Kahi meant that she never was in the group at the same time as her. Kahi was very sweet to her though.

Twinkle, EachSmallStep and Osiris like this.
  10. There’s literally footage of them two rehearsing together though.

(9.05)

Blayke and Ceir like this.
  11. She was asked if she 'promoted' with Kaeun, to which Kahi answered that quote. They indeed met, but they never promoted a single/album together.

12. Watching the show, it was a bit weird how they didn't show Kahi at all until Kaeun's audition. She wasn't even mentioned as a national producer in the beginning.

Seger likes this.
  13. Apparently Kahi is not part of the official cast this season, most likely due to her pregnancy. Mnet probably invited her for the premiere just to milk Kaeun's storyline.

Seger and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  14. Kahi gave birth to her second child like few days ago, so I'm not surprised she won't be full time judge.

Cotton Park, Seger, Ceir and 2 others like this.
  15. Ohhhh I had no idea she just gave birth! Happy for her.

Cotton Park and Seger like this.
  16. Three episodes down, and Lee Kaeun is still the #1 Produce 48 girl. I'm so happy for her. She has everything to make it all the way, and she'll make a great leader for the group.

He, Osiris and Blayke like this.
  17. He

He

I hope she continues to smash.

She’s a bit bland and reserved but she seems too experienced and skillful to not have second chance.

Osiris and Seger like this.
  18. I miss Orange Caramel. They were digital monsters, yet they were just a unit. But it was a weird time when K-fans considered them as a separate group from After School.

Petit nain des Îles and Twinkle like this.
  19. I didn't realise Kaeun had joined After School during the (rather amazing) Flashback days. In the mixed-up timeline in my mind she'd joined much, much later. I like her more now.

Did she actually get to do much, though? YouTube is of no help at all.

Petit nain des Îles and Seger like this.
  20. Not much at all. She was part of the promo for Flashback and First Love, which came out in 2013 (!!), and from then on she's basically been tied up in a useless contract with Pledis for 5 years doing nothing, aside from a few variety appearances here and there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.