After School + Sub-Units | Page 86 | The Popjustice Forum

After School + Sub-Units

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by SloMover, Mar 13, 2008.

1. They didn't even promote Diva or Rambling Girls so apart from the tour, I don't expect any promo at all.

2. 3Xs

3Xs

Not to mention re-cut singles are already enough of a rarity in Japan as it is, so yeah, it would be some sort of major anomaly if they did indeed release anything else from this album.

3. Hitori

Hitori Guest

They need another sexy comeback for Korea. Not another Shampoo please (even if I love that song).

4. The most we can expect is a random PV filmed for it but even that's unlikely seeing as they didn't even film one for Because of You.

5. 3Xs

3Xs

They don't NEED a sexy comeback, but I'd really really LIKE a sexy comeback. So yeah I agree. Something more hip-hop influenced like "Ah" or even "Bang!"

6. It's good album. "Shampoo" was absolutely butchered (Iblame Raina). Apart from Shampoo massacre I have no problem with Japanese versions remixes. New songs on the album are really good. It just doesn't have any "Amazing" tracks.

Enjoy those digital remixes from ICONIQ, we ain't getting anything else in this decade!

7. 3Xs

3Xs

Her second album is coming this year just you wait and see!!111!1!!11!1

*clutches madly to scattered shreds of hope*

8. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Broken Heart is good in it's entirety. Definitely better than Miss Futuristic. Jung Ah, Raina, Nana and E-Young would make a good sub-group actually.

9. Replace Raina with Juyeon and you'd have the best subunit.

10. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Kahi + JungAh + Jooyeon + Nana + E-Young = PERFECT SUB-UNIT.

Raina can go sing OSTs.

11. Who do I need to write a letter to demanding Raina graduate? Will she be missed by any Playgirlz? World answers No

12. Raina is better than anyone else in After School, she doesn't need them anymore.

13. I wonder who will be the next to graduate. My money's on JooYeon, JungAh, or Raina.

14. I like Raina... I just like everyone else more... except U-ie.

15. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Raina can technically do well solo, but I can't see her leaving behind Nana and Lizzy.

16. They should have promoted the shit out of Rambling Girls and Gimme Love/Rip Off.

17. Now the album is released and everything, I wonder how long it will be until we get a brand new admission to the group.. unless it's after the tour...

18. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Sadly I'm really starting to get fed up with this group. There's no chemistry at all, it feels like a halfway point for most of them in between other activities and for the ones that don't have that luxury they are pushed to the side being made look useless when they should be front and centre along with Kahi releasing steady amount of music.

I miss Bekah (yes, it''s the #1,233,343... time mentioned). She really seemed like the personality of the group, she meshed all of the girls together or something. Now that she's gone while I do miss Bekah herself, I miss her role as much. There's such a void now.

Now there's talk of a new girl? It's so infuriating, there's girls in the group who haven't even gotten a chance to actually be a part of the group. I mean, I get this is the premise of the group with graduations and everything but I really think it's doing more harm than good.

You're never going to get a loyal fanbase if your members are interchangeable at the drop of whim. /rant
    I'm sorry, I do love this group but I've been so over them lately. This whole campaign is so messy. It would be nice for them to actually slow the fuck down for a minute, take on Korea first. Yano get some solo singles for the girls (NOT U-ie and Sok Sok Sok), go on variety shows TOGETHER (as much as I love to see Kahi slay the stage of Strong Heart, 3 times is enough for now) and showcase all members a bit more equally.

OK now, /rant.

19. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I think 'chemistry' in After School is just a bonus. It's supposed to be a 'school' where new female idols can grow and possibly, build a fan base. It worked well with UEE, Raina, Nana, Lizzy and slowly with E-Young. They've become more confident now since their respective debuts in AS. UEE and Nana especially.

UEE's graduation will actually be essential because it will show that if you completed your AS 'training', you'll be much prepared to take on the industry. In the same way, Kahi's graduation is also needed in the future.

The problem is that the originals (apart from Kahi) seem to be out-shined by the new girls. I think it would be important that we get a major promotion from Jung Ah soon.

20. The problem is Pledis have no idea what to do or how to do it. They're promoting them like they're legends - they're far from it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.