Agnetha Fältskog - A+

he/him
Ok I’m trash but…I’m loving all 4 of the songs released today, oopsh. Are any k-pop girlies hearing Uhm Jung Hwa vibes on Dance Your Pain Away?

Askdldjs I was actually thinking Where Do We Go From Here sounds like a covert kpop song, especially while watching the video.

She should've just released a Best Of with the new track on it.

The world needs to be force-reminded of I Won't Let You Go.
Her “That’s Me” compilation from 1998 was very comprehensive and great at the time, but obviously it’s way out-of-date now. Then there was “My Very Best” in 2008 but that had a slightly odd tracklisting (some album tracks in place of a few missing singles, and again out-of-date as it was before “A”).

The way this is a bulletproof collection though! The ABBA tracks, some b-sides, the lovely Queen of Hearts - all great.
Yes. Looking at the tracklisting, I had never heard The Way You Are, It’s So Nice To Be Rich, Never Again, Fly Like The Eagle or The Queen of Hearts prior to getting this album. And of those, only Never Again was I even aware of!

Even now, I don’t think The Queen of Hearts has had a further wide release. The two b-sides (You’re There and Turn The World Around) had appeared on a budget 1990s Agnetha/Frida compilation (The Voice of ABBA) but otherwise weren’t available.

“My Very Best” was, by comparison, quite disappointing, though there is one Swedish track (“Tio Mil Kvar Till Korpilombolo”) that is otherwise hard to find on CD.

So… I hated all of these A+ versions at first, but Dance the Pain Away is hitting on this Wednesday evening. @clowezra’s impact!

I’ve been listening to the original for ten years (and the Auto-Tune was very jarring on first listens), but it’s a grower. Consider my pain danced away. Perfume in the Breeze A+ is nice too!

I still maintain that the Gary duet is one of the worst things I’ve ever heard x

I find it impossible to listen to these more than 30 seconds tbh, such a wasted opportunity. Her voice on Voyage is still heartbreakingly beautiful, on A+ she sounds like an AI recording of an A Teens backing singer

He/him
Ooft, this is absolute garbage. And given how positively she spoke about this, it doesn't fill me with any kind of hope that a proper new solo album would be worth anyone's time. If it'd be autotune everywhere, bin it already.

The natural tone and fragility in her voice is such a draw. Why anyone would think it's a good idea to wipe that all out and turn her into a robot is beyond me.

Ooft, this is absolute garbage. And given how positively she spoke about this, it doesn't fill me with any kind of hope that a proper new solo album would be worth anyone's time. If it'd be autotune everywhere, bin it already.

The natural tone and fragility in her voice is such a draw. Why anyone would think it's a good idea to wipe that all out and turn her into a robot is beyond me.
Where Do We Go from Here? is still a great bop.