Aiden Grimshaw - Misty Eye | The Popjustice Forum

Aiden Grimshaw - Misty Eye

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by CaliforniaKing, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So a casting breakdown just went out for Aiden's first single; 'Is This Love'... no more details yet, but it's obviously happening (apologies if we already knew this; I can't find an old thread).

2. TJ

TJ

Hmm I'm interested in hearing it but is there even any hype or interest around him?

3. Alas I don't think there will be unless he pulls out something rather marvelous and does a bit of a Sam Sparrow. I'll be interested though...

4. Wow. This is a bit out of the blue!
    He's been out of the scene for quite a while, so he's got his work cut out.

Hell, even Marcus Collins got something out before he did!

5. This song is nuts and will surprise a lot of people.

6. Ooh, I\'m very interested! I\'ve been hoping he\'d release music! Any release date or anything?

7. sajjadali

sajjadali Guest

I think Laura White deserved this contract more. Aiden went out way too early to warrant a record deal from RCA in my opinion. They bent the rules for him for the tour to include him too last time. I have found him very average if i am honest and abit up himself. I do think Laura White, Lloyd Daniels, Danyl Johnson, Ruth Lorenzo deserved deals before him.

8. Laura White and Ruth Lorenzo maybe although I\'m not sure either of them are particularly marketable. Lloyd Daniels and Danyl Johnson, not a chance. Lloyd was completely hopeless and Danyl was one of the most disliked contestants in the history of the show.

I think Aiden has some appeal and if the first single is good enough, he might just have a chance at success.

9. Liked him on X-Factor, hope he turns out to be a dark horse and comes out with a great song!

10. c.x

c.x

I\'m really looking foward to this. I feel like he\'s lost a lot of the hype he had surrounding him when he left the show. It seems like he\'s put a lot of effort into the record so hopefully it pays off.

11. YES.

Please be amazing.

12. He's so hot that I'd buy his first single based on that reason alone.

13. Can't wait for this! Gonna be fabulous.

14. I hated his version of Diamonds Are Forever. It went on forever. Sheer torture! But I'm willing to keep an open mind and listen to his debut single, and with luck he doesn't take himself as seriously as he seems to.

15. If the video was shot today, I'd like to think the premiere of the song will be soon... Like, maybe next week?

16. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Is it the Alison Moyet song?

17. For some reason I'm imagining this to sound like I'm Not Mad (which would be amazing), but it's probably a million miles away from that!

18. Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  19. I like it a lot. That opening is sublime. A very unexpected direction, but a hugely welcome one. Even the artwork is so different from what we've seen of acts that come out of the show.

20. This is like good. I did not expect that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.