Alanis Morissette - 9th Studio Album | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Alanis Morissette - 9th Studio Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Either that or work with Guy Sigsworth again without Joe Chiccarelli shitting all over it.

She atleast still has one album in her that will completely blow us away. Since then it's been Flavors. But I truly believe she can deliver quality once more.

2. I’m going to need her to add some UK dates. An intimate venue in Glasgow like Oran Mor would be lovely ...

andru likes this.
  3. Alanis is playing Hammersmith Apollo in London on Saturday 7th July.

andru likes this.
  4. I feel like her first born will be in college by the time we get another album.

5. Great to see her playing here in July! If the tickets aren't too expensive I'll try to go, even though it'll probably be acoustic and the majority of Jagged Little Pill like usual.

Secret likes this.
  6. Will it be to promote a new record?

7. Not sure. She has recently finished doing shows in the US, Australia and New Zealand where she performed old material. There are rumours of a new album this year, and since this is still a few months away, she might use this as a platform to perform new songs but if you're planning to go, I'd honestly just expect Jagged Little Pill and a few other hits. Anything else is a bonus. The setlist for New Zealand on 20th January was:

You Learn
    All I Really Want
    Precious Illusions
    Perfect
    Hands Clean
    Not The Doctor
    Guardian
    Hand in my Pocket
    Everything
    Head Over Feet
    So Unsexy
    Ironic
    Flinch
    So Pure
    Uninvited
    You Oughta Know
    Thank U

LP likes this.
  8. Is it too much to hope for a 20 year anniversary tour of Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie?

-tastic, POPGASM and andru like this.
  9. She's horrible live. It's always the same ol' JLP heavy setlist. And now that her voice has gone out of the door it'll just be worse probably.

P'NutButter likes this.
  10. Pretty much! This is why I'll only go if the tickets aren't too expensive. I'm glad I saw her for the first and only time before Havoc and Bright Lights was released. She was excellent then, and vocally still very strong. Although it was Jagged Little Pill heavy it was the first time I heard the songs live in person.

truman likes this.
  11. The Flavors tour was great (to 16 year old Dodo). Wish I remembered more about it. 10 years...jesus.

I found my Citizen of the Planet t-shirt the other day actually. *bops in nothing precious, all things sacred*

andru likes this.
  12. I wish I got to go to that one. I watched it online and it was brilliant.

13. I can't believe it's been (almost) 6 years since Havoc And Bright Lights. In hindsight that wasn't a very good album. These days she seems to be more focused on her family and wellness/health/spirituality podcast/blog than on releasing albums. I'll listen to the new album whenever that comes, but my hopes for a genuinely good Alanis album are not high anymore.

And yeah, the tour's gonna be the same old JLP-celebration.

andru likes this.
  14. At my show of the 2012 tour she did 21 Things I Want In A Lover and that was a very nice surprise.

andru likes this.
  15. Yah. The first time I saw her was amazing. The second time I was like.......bored.

andru likes this.
  16. Havoc isn't so bad. I think it had some great tracks.

POPGASM and andru like this.
  17. The Australian shows were excellent.
    No new songs though, more like a greatest hits show.
    Her vocals and stage presence were amazing.

Staticboombox and andru like this.
  18. Yeah as a performer she can really knock it out, but the set is so bloody repetitive I wouldn't even bother going unless it's free.

19. I REALLY hope she adds a second London date already as I can't make 7th July! Luckily it seems she has a few days in-between shows. Never seen her live before!

LP and andru like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.