Alanis Morissette - General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Alanis Morissette - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by vasilios, Apr 3, 2007.

1. vasilios

vasilios Guest

It sounds amazing too!

2. Re: Alanis goies back to her roots!

That's the funniest thing I've seen in ages! LOVE IT!!!

3. *laughs audibly* Love it! I'd love to know what possessed her to do it though. Can't stand the original, but this really adds something...

4. i was just about to post this.

very very random!

5. umm funny, but whats the point in it exactly?

6. not a clue... no-one knows.

7. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I hope it's more of a "see, modern songs aren't crap" thing than a "let's ridicule a current hit, music isn't good anymore" thing

8. It could be a social commentary on how women are sexualized to sell records. And she's obviously making fun of the ridiculous lyrics. It really shows how stupid they are when they're actually sung, rather than spoken! It's amazing how she turned such a horrific song in to a beautiful ballad though.

9. Steve

Steve Guest

I love it; she makes it listenable!

10. Between the new Mutya stuff, the weather, the Siobhan stuff and this, this is a great day for pop!

This video is HILARIOUS. Is there any info on, um, why this video was made? Other than for the sake of genius and hilarity.

11. that's how i read it, and it worked. i have a new-found hatred for fergie and her ilk.

i never heard the lyrics properly before, i can't believe that this is what little girls are being raised on. i'm stopping myself before i go on a feminist rant hehe

12. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Rantastic!

I still think Alanis loooves it!

13. Wow, it's only amazing!! I love when she nails the dancing so perfectly... it sounds awesome too! I love fun Alanis.

Feminist manifesto it may be... but, it also proves how good the original is! Hurrah!

14. My life is now complete. This the most amazing pop cover of all time

15. Simply perfect!Amazing!Too good for words!Must be her next single!

16. This is crazy... what's it for? Is it a send up? A new single?

17. It's a strange one.

Quite Tori Amos-ish or radio 1 Live Lounge-ish...
    ...But she's made a video so perhaps it's to be released?

18. This is the strangest thing I have seen in a very long time!

19. pdf

pdf

Who knew Alanis had a sense of humour?

I like!

The video obviously cost no more than 10p, but slowing the lyrics down quite devastatingly shows what a ridiculous song it is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.