Alanis Morissette - Such Pretty Forks In The Road | Page 45 | The Popjustice Forum

Alanis Morissette - Such Pretty Forks In The Road

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Diagnosis is such a huge powerhouse. Wow. It's really one of her best songs, yet. Understated, but, so nuanced, so meticulous. Stunning.

2. "Diagnosis" has grown on me but I like the vibe of "Smiling" 10x more.

3. Smiling is also one of her best songs. I really feel she's being so vulnerable this era. I'm so so happy to have her back. She's such a welcomed familiar voice in all this calamity. She does have a way of inspiring us to be the best versions of ourselves.

Lila, brauliocruz and xOJakeXo like this.
  4. Special box edition for the new album:[​IMG]

Corso, Butterfly, wodny and 2 others like this.
  5. Yawn. Seems like a waste of money, honestly? Maybe I'm just cranky.

andru and etienne like this.
  6. It's nice enough and fairly standard for these box sets, but I'm glad I didn't pre-order it in the end.

7. Yeah, what's anyone going to do with postcards and stickers in 2020... I suppose the mug is cool?

life_is_good and etienne like this.
  8. Laptop stickers maybe? The thing I find with sets like this is they feel so clunky and I usually have to put them somewhere away from my other music because they don't fit!

Is there news on the tour yet? I have tickets for Birmingham in September and not sure if it's going ahead or not...

9. Alanis is re-issuing Jagged Little Pill, digitally, on 26 June in celebration of it's 25th Anniversary. It'll include live acoustic recordings from the shows in London back in March. Ironic is available now: https://rhino.lnk.to/ironiclive

P'NutButter and aux like this.
  10. Give it a rest Alanis!

11. Surely it's now the most re-released album in music history. I adore it, and it's one of the best albums ever recorded, but stahp. It always saddens me when I see her live that she feels the need to make 50%+ of her setlist JLP songs for the casual fans.

12. I'd love for someone to ask her in interview why she feels compelled to push JLP so much, and not her other work. Of course, with kindness... I think Alanis is a sensitive person - a true empath, yet, she deserve our respect. But, I'd love to know her thoughts on this.

13. I mean yes another reissue blah blah but also - the London show from March was exquisite. Her voice was in fantastic shape and that alone is worth this reissue.

Island, POPGASM, andru and 2 others like this.
  14. Surely there’s still enough cash coming in from the people who got stuck in the 90s? No shade, but I know a bunch of people who purchase a copy of the album once a year and visit her concerts for the jagged songs over and over again “just because”. As long as it funds new music I’m happy.

P'NutButter likes this.
  15. Per the email note earlier today re: the Jagged Little Pill re-release, July 31st is the official new release date for Such Pretty Forks.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 4.11.17 PM.png
    Edit update: I see @totalhate beat me to the punch a few weeks ago. Sorry I missed that post on my first scan.

totalhate and andru like this.
  16. Can we get some Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie love Alanis, Please!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2020
    londonrain and Euphoria like this.
  17. This was uploaded a few days ago, I haven't had the chance to watch it in its entirety because it's pretty long.
    So, 'can't not' was originally written during the Jagged sessions and almost made the cut for the album, it was either 'can't not' or 'not the doctor'.
    I'm shocked Alanis never said anything about this for 25 years, not even during the Junkie era. If I remember correctly, she's always said that 'can't not' was written during the JLP tour along with 'death of cinderella' and 'king of intimidation'.
    Weird, but interesting nonetheless.

bonnieetclyde, andru and Bravo56 like this.
  18. Jagged Little Pill - A never ending album era.

well deserved.

19. Thanks for posting - I'm excited to watch this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.