Alanis Morissette | Page 82 | The Popjustice Forum

Alanis Morissette

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by vasilios, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Saw her at the O2 in London last night. She was fantastic: amazing voice and she gave everything to each song.

Only complaint is I’d have loved a song or two (beyond Thank U) from Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. Joining You or That I Would Be Good would have made my night

nbtsa and NobodyKnowsMe like this.
  2. Did she sing Sympathetic Character? She did in the previous dates.

3. What were the stage times?

4. She came on around 9:15pm I think. Finished at 11pm.

Jackarywoo likes this.
  5. ah yes she did do that one I think. But really wanted joining you, that I would be good, unsent, etc

Coolrockgirl and DoggySwami like this.
  6. I went to The o2 tonight and she was PHENOMENAL. Considering she’d lost her voice just a few days ago. Wow! You’d never have guessed.

It’s my second time seeing her and she just blew me away again. I go to A LOT of gigs… she really is one of the best vocalists out there isn’t she? What a perfect way to celebrate 25 years of “Jagged”. I thought the songs from “Such Pretty Forks In The Road” held up really well too.

7. Forks is such a great record. She's very consistent, but that was a peak for me.

topopMAC1 and DoggySwami like this.
  8. Last night’s show was absolutely incredible. Like @topopMAC1 said, you couldn’t have known she had no voice just a few days ago. It wouldn’t be hyperbole to say Alanis has one of the best voices I’ve ever heard.

I know her most recent tours have all been JLP-heavy, but I’d love to see an Anti Tour like Kylie did. There are so many deep cuts and b-sides (and her first two albums) that deserve showcasing

9. I would sell organs to get to see Giggling again for no reason live!

10. Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  11. I re-edited the remix to restore the swear words and have been working my way through her entire discography today. So, so, so many forgotten gems in there.

12. I've been watching the Woodstock documentary (I didn't even realised it was this same mess of a festival - thank fuck for the female artists like her, Jewel + Sheryl attempting to keep things slightly mellower) on Netflix and completely forgotten that this was one of the full live shows we got when she (before/after?) released Supposed Former...

This will always stick with me when I heard it for the first time. The live version was just nothing like the album version we got (most of the songs weren't) but the chills I got revisiting this video and seeing her get on stage and then holding that mic and as soon as she starts singing... FUCK. Alanis, I love you. The nostalgia is really hitting.

I also forgot that this happened - can believe that toxic crowd was throwing water bottle at her:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    bonnieetclyde and tylerc like this.
  13. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like bottled water was being thrown out to people in the crowd on what was a super hot day. You can also see them hosing people down with water. Just looks like one of the bottles accidently got thrown too far and ended up in her direction. I don't think 'toxic' people were actually throwing things at her.

14. DoggySwami likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.