Alanis Morissette | Page 83 | The Popjustice Forum

Alanis Morissette

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by vasilios, Apr 3, 2007.

1. I still think Junkie would be perfect if trimmed down to 12-13 songs oop. As it stands, it's my second fave after Flavors.

1986 and YourLeadSinger like this.
  2. Excuse your mouth, Junkie is perfect as it is.

3. The triplet of Unsent - So Pure - Joining You is, the rest has some classics and some filler soz.

1986 and YourLeadSinger like this.
  4. There is no filler. It is 18 tracks of killer from Front Row to Pollyanna Flower.

OceanBlue, LPT, 75dollars and 3 others like this.
  5. I love this! Front Row is an incredible moment. It's probably my favourite Alanis song. It's so odd and unique and it's just so full of detail, and yet every single detail is just perfect. I get lines from it stuck in my head on a frequent basis. There are lines that are just so weirdly specific or even at first a bit of a joke and yet at some point I think I've connected with every one of them.

I love it in its own right but I think I love the fact she opens the follow up to Jagged Little Pill with it even more so. What a statement of intent!

I also just love everything about the hidden lyrics. Ah the whole thing is just perfection.

6. The lyrics to Junkie really are some of her best. If not her best. So many layers. Imagine writing that album under the immense pressure of expectation that came are Jagged Little Pill. It's insane to think about how stressed out she must have been.

OceanBlue likes this.
  7. Junkie is my favourite Alanis album. Followed by Pretty Forks. Jagged never connected with me. Should really give the rest of her discography a listen though. D

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  8. Yes, you really must!

Confide In D likes this.
  9. My two favorite Alanis albums are Junkie and Under Rug Swept, with So-Called Chaos rounding out my top three. I also prefer Flavors to Jagged. I appreciate Jagged Little Pill and it is obviously a classic, but I don't love like I do the other three. If you haven't checked out Under Rug Swept / Chaos / Flavors, I would definitely recommend them.

nbtsa, bonnieetclyde and Confide In D like this.
  10. Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    wodny, LKane, Remorque and 2 others like this.
  11. Never got into Junkie. I tried and tried and tried for years but there are only six keepers from it. The melodies are too abstract for me.

12. Junkie is such a journey of an album, it's so fucking good.

xOJakeXo, LPT, NobodyKnowsMe and 3 others like this.
  13. "Little Drummer Boy" out midnight.

Remorque and Celestial Mosaic like this.
  14. I must say I am loving Alanis doing annual Christmas songs, I loved Happy X-Mas (War Is Over) and What Child is this? last year.

Remorque, Txetxu and andru like this.
  15. Hello!

I’m developing a podcast for 2023 and one of the episodes is going to be about Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. Anyone feel like talking about that album for two-and-a-half hours at some point this spring/summer? Slide into my DMs.

LPT, nbtsa and adayasatiger like this.
  16. Lovely performance from Alanis at the 39 min mark

17. Such an emotional performance. She looked on the verge of tears throughout.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.