Album Rate: Speak Now vs. Teenage Dream vs LOUD

MollieSwift21

Staff member
The three big albums of 2010! Speak Now, Teenage Dream, and LOUD! But who does Pop Justice think was the best song and album?

taylor-swift-speak-now-300x300.jpg

Taylor Swift - Speak Now
Will it be the album selling power house that sold over 1 million copies the first week with multiple Grammy including an Album of the Year for her previous one?

wwLgwLcLQXcJQ-400x400--katy-perry-teenage-dream-album-cover.jpg

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
Will it be the album that has given us five straight number ones tying Micheal Jackson record?

rihanna-loud-album-cover.jpg

Rihanna - LOUD
Or will it be the album that got 3 number ones making Rihanna the quickest artist to achieve ten number ones?

From now till the 29th at 1PM (Eastern US time) voting will be open. (I think this is a long enough time message me if you think it is too long or too short though).

The rules are just like the other rates. Score each song 0 from 10!

Mine
Sparks Fly
Back To December
Speak Now
Dear John
Mean
Story of Us
Never Grow Up
Enchanted
Better Than Revenge
Innocent
Haunted
Last Kiss
Long Live

Teenage Dream
Last Friday Night
California Gurls
Firework
Peacock
Circle The Drain
The One That Got Away
E. T.
Who Am I Living For?
Pearl
Hummingbird Heartbeat
Not Like The Movies

S&M
What’s My Name ft Drake
Cheers (Drink to That)
Fading
Only Girl (In the World)
Califonria King Bed
Man Down
Raining Men (ft Nicki Minaj)
Complicated
Skin
Love the Way You Lie part 2

Speak Now or forever hold your peace

I can't even be remotely objective about this.

One album is completely incredible, one is woefully mediocre at best, and the other is utterly atrocious and a stain on musical history.

Enchanted needs to win this.

I've never heard Speak Now, and although I enjoy Teenage Dream and Loud from time to time, they're far from amazing. I think I'll give this rate a go, though.

This will be fun. I have a complete disdain for Taylor and half of Speak Now, but the other half is utterly brilliant.

We'll see how Katy and Rih do.

Top 5: Only Girl, What's My Name, Teenage Dream, Firework and maybe Enchanted if we're lucky.

The most overlooked song will be "Never Grow Up". Don't make this mistake, guys. Listen to it and listen to it until you realise how hauntingly beautiful and simple it is. Best song in the competition...

He / Him / His
Highest score went to Enchanted with 1,000,000.

Lowest score went to Firework with minus 1,000,000.

Also, 3 tens to Rihanna and 2 to Katy.

I can't even be remotely objective about this.

One album is completely incredible, one is woefully mediocre at best, and the other is utterly atrocious and a stain on musical history.

Enchanted needs to win this.

I have a feeling we will agree on every level in this rate.

I honestly question if I can handle doing this rate. Seeing Taylor possibly Beyonce'd may be too much for me to handle.

So I just rated! Rihanna and Taylor both got two 10's. Katy got 3! Average wise Katy scored the highest and Rihanna did the worst. S&M is still the best song in the rate though.

I'm not even sure what I'd want to come last here. This could be difficult...

MollieSwift21 said:
Do people mind if I vote in this before I look at the scores or is that against the rules?

I think the done think is to vote at the very beginning, and send them to someone else so you're beyond reproach.

MollieSwift21 said:
Do people mind if I vote in this before I look at the scores or is that against the rules?

Yep, I did mine before I created the thread! And then altered all my scores when all the votes were in so I could better dictate the placing order of songs

I'll need a while to think about this. By which I mean, I'll have to listen through a full Taylor Swift album without vomiting or spontaneously combusting from the intense boredom.

S&M will be getting a 10, and haters will simply have to deal.

I don't follow these women, but I'll browse through this thread for the lulz.

If I was voting, I'd give Circle the Drain a 9 or 10. So underrated. I don't hear Katy fans talk about it much. I think it's her best song. *runs*