Albums Turning 40 in 2022 | The Popjustice Forum

Albums Turning 40 in 2022

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by WoW73, Jan 11, 2022.

1. If reading the 'Albums Turning 20 in ....' threads make you feel old, how about albums turning 40!?

These albums from my collection turn 40 this year... Insert AbFab *how old does that make me* gif here....

lob0to likes this.

burntoutcar and lob0to like this.

idratherjack likes this.
  4. Some great albums there. 'White Heat' is an absolute lost classic. Dusty, the undisputed queen of 1960s 'blue-eyed soul', doing gritty, punk-influenced new wave pop? Brilliant.

x

5. Born in 1982 - and still sound great in 2022:

Songs to Remember
    The Lexicon of Love
    Sulk
    New Gold Dream 81-82-83-84
    The Dollar Album
    Combat Rock
    Rio
    Kissing to be Clever

6. One of the best sounding albums of the '80s. I'm not really a huge fan of the band but I really do appreciate this album and the production.

[​IMG]

Humanracin, WoW73, discoteca and 4 others like this.
  7. Personal faves

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Of course - right at the end of 1982 one of my all time favourite albums was released:
    Thriller

9. Never heard of it.

10. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My 3 highest ranked 1982 albums, the last time I updated my All-Time list in 2016.

11. The Nightflyer is very underrated! Another one of those West Coast/AOR Albums my ex-Canadian boyfriend introduced me to ....see also Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Michael Macdonald and the Doobie Brothers !

Eric Generic likes this.
  12. And my favourite band at the time...

[​IMG]

Hairycub1969 and russkitten like this.
  13. Oh they based it off Louis Wain!

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  14. And the bloody/cuckoo tree!

Eric Generic likes this.
  15. Fine choice.

I used to think this was the weakest of the 75-87 Mac efforts, but I've changed my mind since the reissue.

16. Mirage is a very strong album. I've always loved the album cover.

One of my favourite albums from the '80s. More on an impact in '83 but released in '82:

[​IMG]

And while it's not as good as her previous album, Mad Love, this is still a solid record:

[​IMG]

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  17. Linda attempting an early version of Spot-ifying.

Hairycub1969 and torontodj like this.
  18. The best combination of Stevie's songwriting and Lindsey's arranging. This song is peak Fleetwood Mac for me.

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.