Alda | The Popjustice Forum

Alda

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by adz, Jul 14, 2006.

1. adz

adz

There was a genius thread on the old board about how Alda had got into catering or something so I thought I'd bring her up.

Anyway, on one of those annoying DFS sing-song adverts, there is a song that has a woman singing and she sounds like Alda...Is it her?

2. So she really is ''married and cooking an onion'' now then.

:-(

3. slimane

slimane Guest

SHE WAS A BRILLIANT POPSTAR. What hits did she have? The first one was number 7 then the second one number 20 or something like that was it not? She had dreads before Faye Tozer also.

4. I have her 2 singles Real Good Time and the underrated Girls Night Out. There is a really good Sleaze Sisters mix on one of them.

Milky x

5. slimane

slimane Guest

I really thought she was ace at the time. I'm sure i've got one of her singles on tape somewhere. It is true that her English was worse than Shakira's though.

6. There isn't even a wikipedia entry for her bless her! Surely we should make one for her.

7. adz

adz

lol yes we should, and include that recent photo of her.

I remember viewing her website. It was all white.

8. I write a regular column on pop stars of yesteryear on The Vervoid website, and recently decided to cover Alda. Imagine my surprise when I discovered she had a catering firm with her Mum in Barnet, very close to Hertfordshire where I live!

Anyway, I tracked her down and exchanged a few e-mails with her. She even sent me some of her new songs, including an amazing one called "Tell Me Now" and another even better one called "Please Forgive Me". My article, featuring contributions from her, is now finished and accessible here:

http://www.thevervoid.com/media/musicbox_19.htm

At the bottom is a link to her MySpace page, which has some new tracks and photographs posted.

Enjoy!

Si.

9. Ragestar

Ragestar Guest

ooh nice!

10. Oh how absolutely wonderful.

Thank you so much for all of that hansonbitch

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.