Aldous Harding | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Aldous Harding

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 12, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

Mm, well.

2. Fixxxttttuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrreeeeeeeee
    Picccttttuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrreeeeeeeee

[​IMG]

3. The title track from Party is my favourite song of hers. I also like Swell Does the Skull. I’m also not really a fan of Horizon.

Deleted member 21943 likes this.

4. Ffff the thought of confused locals tuning into Fallon only to be greeted by an Aldous Harding performance is killing me. Queen.

5. IT Chapter Two (2019) dir. Andy Muschietti

6. Saw her last Thursday! She’s very intense!

Deleted member 21943 likes this.
  7. 8.2 score and Best New Music from Pitchfork:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  8. This is great, as expected. Light, breezy, vocally and lyrically very her (in a good way). A perfect album for the beginning of spring, even though she's not a northern hemisphere girly.

Lawn might be one of the best songs of the year so far.

Deer Stop likes this.
  9. Only on my first listen, but this is very good, and strange, of course. Her music requires time to fully sink in, and I'm not even trying to make sense of the lyrics. I'm hearing traces of The Velvet Underground + Nico, Vashti Bunyan, Syd Barrett... She's a true eccentric, and it bleeds through, even with production and instrumentation as sparse and light as it is here.

10. I'm in love with the unique, weirdo atmosphere of this album right now.

Humanracin likes this.
  11. Designer is one of my favourite records of the past 10 years; it's an absolute gem and I could write essays about why I love it so much. But since this is about her new album I'll just leave a recommendation to listen to "Weight Of The Planets", one of the deeper cuts from Designer for those who haven't listened to that album recently (or at all). I think it's a brilliant song, I keep returning to it for different reasons; the combo of these lyrics with the breezy instrumental is spot on.

As for the new album, I was not well on Friday due to a covid-infection and I didn't want to experience this for the first time in this condition
    (being aware that their eccentric approach to music is probably not the best medicine against high fever)... I'm good again now and just heard the album for the first time and I also hear the Velvet Underground & Nico influence and the unique atmosphere this has - Tick Tock, Staring At The Henry Moore and Leathery Whip are early favorites, but I'm looking forward to diving into this more in the upcoming days and weeks.

Trouble in Paradise and Euphoria like this.
  12. I am new to Aldous Harding's music but her new album Warm Chris is brilliant! I feel certain it is going to be a candidate for my personal favourite album of the year. There are certain parts of the album where I get vibes that remind me of Cat Power and I love that. "Leathery Whip" is an amazing song!

Euphoria likes this.
  13. Deeply in love with the new album. Been on repeat ever since it came out. Wish it were receiving more hype.

finito and frkeske like this.
  14. I have been playing Warm Chris so many times since the release. "She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain" keeps moving me to tears, it is so pure. Other tracks, such as "Tick Tock" and "Passion Babe" also stand out more at this point, after many listenings.

Euphoria likes this.
  15. I didn't even realize she had a thread here! I was recommended the album and it's been one of the most rewarding revisits of the year, especially in the gloomier days of spring/summer. The title track, She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain and Leathery Whip are my favorites, that "impossible face" hook on the former has been lodged in my head for weeks.

frkeske, Euphoria and Jwentz like this.
  16. I need to listen to this more but Fever is such a perfect little pop song.

17. Ugh, I should have figured you’d be into this album. Taste!

Jonathan27 and frkeske like this.
  18. The singles really didn’t grab me and as mentioned the videos this era didn’t have the spark that would sell me on them. Excited to read all the reviews and I’ve been in a 70s state of mind (vashti, Stevie and Nick drake) so Im adding it to the listen queue

frkeske and Euphoria like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.