Alessia Cara - The Pains of Growing + This Summer (EP) | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Alessia Cara - The Pains of Growing + This Summer (EP)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by IAmRockstar, Jun 12, 2018.

1. I can't get past the Bastille guy saying, "witchoo."

2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This collaboration is completely outdated on arrival?? Zzzzz.

3. This is my favourite song she has done in years. A new Christmas classic!

nooniebao, Diet Pop! and jawow_ like this.
  4. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

It's really well-written. A perfect melancholic Christmas bop.

And I guess we have to throw October in the same heap as Seventeen and I'm Yours. What a waste of a potential career reviver. I don't even know why her label bothered with Ready and Rooting for You when they had October right there.

Conan, Blond and nooniebao like this.
  5. October is one of the best songs of the year. She did that.

nooniebao, Blond and Diet Pop! like this.
  6. tea

tea

"Rooting For You" is being hammered on Vancouver pop radio the past few months. in the wintertime?

nooniebao likes this.
    nooniebao likes this.
  8. Is she still getting lots of spins in the US? I feel like she’s more visible here in Canada even after her second album flopped.

nooniebao likes this.
  9. She doesn’t seem to get a lot of airplay on US radio/good playlisting on streaming platforms but radio here in Canada + Apple Music Canada/Spotify Canada still support her. I wonder if this album was sort of the beginning of Canada being her main market? Hoping she surprises us with a comeback third album after a sophomore slump like Ms. Furtado (even though that’s highly unlikely ddd.)

PopCrushed and spaceship like this.
  10. nooniebao likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.