Alessia Cara - The Pains of Growing + This Summer (EP) | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Alessia Cara - The Pains of Growing + This Summer (EP)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by IAmRockstar, Jun 12, 2018.

1. That’s a good look for her! He’s doing a stadium in their hometown this tour too.

2. Out of Love music video:

Jersey likes this.
  3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The literal decline of ha is....so savage.

4. After not listening to a single song from this album, Out of Love is actually gorgeous. It's very Stone, which I wanted from her after the debut album. I might have to check this out...

nooniebao and jawow_ like this.
  5. Do you mean Joss Stone?

6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Stone from her first album, which is indeed stunning @Jersey

Out of Love is the one diamond in the rough from this album. It's an absolute gem and actually quite affecting and sad. It's such a shame the rest of the album is so regressive for her, Out of Love points to where she should've been headed after Here.

Jersey and nooniebao like this.
  7. Live performance of Out of Love for Spotify featuring a cover of Nelly Furtado’s I’m Like a Bird:

8. I’m Like A Bird really is that song.

9. A Bird is What I Am Like.

Mr Blonde, soratami, RJF and 7 others like this.
  10. This is HUGE on German radio.

11. This sounds like one last try from the label before the booting but maybe it'll be good (?)

12. Her debut showed SO much promise. How did it all go south so soon?!?

13. She decided to write her second album on her own. Also from a commercial standpoint, she took too long to follow up her big collaborations with Logic, Khalid and Zedd. The three year gap between her debut and The Pains of Growing certainly didn’t help either.

jawow_ and Vasilios like this.
  14. New song Ready is out now:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Blond likes this.
  15. As always, her lyrics are unbearably mouthy and long.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.