Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Tuesday is also a bank holiday actually, so it would be Wednesday it arrives if it's not there Saturday.

Last edited:

Album sales are terrible at the moment, I suppose the only light now is the fact that she will go Top 10. Releasing an album during the bank holiday is not a bad idea if only she had lots of promotion that week to back it up.

1 Emeili Sande 13,430
2 Joe Bonamassa 13,345
4 John Mayer 12,651
5 Bee Gees 12,127
6 Keane 11,633 (79,454)
7 fun. 11,023
8 Tom Jones 9886
9 The Enemy 9,854

Exactly, Elephant had just as much radio support as Let it Go does, aka nothing. It did get playlisted on Radio 1 but that wasn't until it had already been released, by which point it was pretty pointless.

Apparently someone's gonna leak the album. There were tweets including lyrics which are not in the snippets. Hope that will create some more hype.

Last edited:

Has she any promotion planned?! What the hell is she doing this week/next week? Surely she knows she needs to be everywhere if radio are not going to support her.

I don't think Let It Go will flop. I think once it's out there and the general public have listened to it, I think it will do quite well and will have more longevity than Elephant. It won't get to number 1 as it's up against Rudimental's track which is at 15 on pre-orders alone and is getting alot of Radio 1 support. Also, it's up against Lawson plus other big tracks already released. I think it can go to number 2 but will more likely be number 3. The annoying thing is that it IS a good track but the bloody major radio stations have snubbed her and so it won't achieve the sales it could have. I'd be so happy if it went to number 1, like seriously pleased! (I'd be like Alex when she won X Factor haha!) I just hope y'all download it and tell a friend/gift it on iTunes. Also, save downloading Lawson or Rudimental until the week after, if you're going to at all that is.

It's currently #27.

The album should get a decent peak from fans buying it, with sales being so low at the moment (Similar to Electra Heart) but isn't going to sell anything in the long run is it. Worried for where she goes from here.

L

LoveLockdown

Has she any promotion planned?! What the hell is she doing this week/next week? Surely she knows she needs to be everywhere if radio are not going to support her.

There's nothing left besides what she already has. Lorriane, Daybreak, Friday Download, Freshly Squeezed, Koko pop. They've all been done. Radio has destroyed this. She's an established artist and shouldn't be having these issues, they're doing it intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.