Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

To be fair, I can kinda see her being one of those Kelly Clarkson/Britney Spears-types who change the lyrics to suit them but don't take writing credits, rather than a Beyonce who takes credit for changing a word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC4bS8L49Us&feature=g-all-u Track by Track interview.

It really frustrates me when she makes out that she's written songs, when she clearly hasn't. But apart from that I'm excited.

It didn't seem like she did that at all. All she did was explain the songs and even name check some of the writers.

To be fair, I can kinda see her being one of those Kelly Clarkson/Britney Spears-types who change the lyrics to suit them but don't take writing credits, rather than a Beyonce who takes credit for changing a word.

I think Beyoncé gets her credits from working on the harmonies, just like producers do for helping compose a song.

She looks lovely there, how can anyone hate her? It breaks my heart and it sickens my stomach that people like Cher Lloyd are getting pushed in the US but this blindingly obvious star isn't.

I'll hold my tongue as I love Alexandra and always wish her the best of success, but dkdojfndcidnfcjmnnxxhhshshshshsh

It will be a shame if she upped and left for the US for good. It is false though that you need to be a huge UK star to attempt it though. Jay Sean, Taio Cruz, Estelle and everybody else it seems from X-factor is giving it a bash.
Alex is in a no win situation here though, if Capital wont start playing her then she will find it too difficult long term. How great is Dionne Warwick.

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/900749-alexandra-burke-overwhelmed-by-dionne-warwick-tribute

It might be down to the fact that she comes across as unlikeable? A lot of my friends say they like the music but they cannot stand her as a person.

i can see Alex having moderate US success a bit like Keri Hilson. She has the talent which the US always seem to appreciate. I don't think she'll be one of those huge Beyonce level stars but she'll be doing well enough to get by. No doubt everyone in the UK will start brown nosing her again if she has any kind of success in the US.

It should be available tonight at 12 seen as how its Friday here in Ireland. Don't know weather or not to buy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC4bS8L49Us&feature=g-all-u Track by Track interview.

It really frustrates me when she makes out that she's written songs, when she clearly hasn't. But apart from that I'm excited.

We don't know what she has or hasn't written on the album, though. We know she has a credit on Elephant and What Money Can't Buy, but other than the couple on ASCAP, the credits for the rest album aren't out there.

An Irish sale will be little or no good to her. I have a UK account, might use that to help.

i wish she would use 'Th' when she should rather than using 'F'. That video was aggravating me.

R

Resi12

An Irish sale will be little or no good to her. I have a UK account, might use that to help.

Well it's the same cost etc.. The only thing different is chat position but a purchase is a purchase.

L

LoveLockdown

That is part of it. But IMO it's very cultural. Her non UK fans aren't as annoyed about her personality as the UK are.

Her non UK fans aren't as annoyed about her personality as the UK are.

Count me on that. It may be because I haven't watched her as much as those in the UK...but I don't have a clue why people has such a bad opinion on her.

If RCA have done ONE thing right by this girl, even though its just coincidence, it's that this album is being released a week after Number 1 only sold 13,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.