Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Love You That Much is my guilty pleasure I really like it. Still dont think Fire should be a single but Oh La La is perfect what Start without You should have been good cheese. Alex does pop to perfection.

First Listen as a whole -

Heartbreak on Hold - nice synths, good chorus, middle 8 is messy…

Elephant - Verses are nicer than the chorus but i still enjoy it

Let it Go - Wrong choice for a single but it's a nice track for the album

This Love Will Survive - One word, Strings! Best track so far. Should've been more of this kind of song on the album.

Fire - Sounds great on intro, it's all downhill from there…

Between the Sheets - This has Dee Adam written all over it, it's great. Again, she needed more of this on the album rather than this dance sound…

Daylight Robbery - I didn't take to this one at all, i can see why it was a last minute addition to the track listing.

Tonight - Perfect. I do miss the 'A.B, It's DJ Smash' jibes though.

Love You That Much - Really not feeling this one, she sounds really young and the song is an S-Club 7 reject but the production is great.

Oh La La - That hook is brilliant, great use of a sample, the whole vibe of this track is refreshing. One of the strongest dance songs on the album.

Sitting on Top of The World - Great pop song, couldn't imagine it as a single but it's a nice album track.

What Money Can't Buy - Sounds like one of those Alicia Keys songs except she would choose not to release this one.

THE DELUXE SONGS:

Beating Still - Starts off promising but nope, nothing special about this one, generic as hell. What were you thinking?

Devil in Me - Yet again, nothing special. I thought the idea of Deluxe songs was to add something worth listening to for an additional price? These are both terrible. Save your money and buy the standard.

L

LoveLockdown

Daylight Robbery was originally titled From the Start. It was circulated around the fan base for a while.

BAAHH HURRY UP AND DOWNLOAD!!! I'll be back with my opinions shortly assuming i'm downloading the right file.

Oh La La sounds cheap as hell, same with Elephant, same with Fire, same with a lot of the things on here. But if I didn't dislike everything that everyone loves and didn't like everything everyone else dislikes, what kind of an album leak would this be? It's PJ tradition by now.

But Daylight Robbery, Tonight and Let It Go are my jahms. Partying downE in the library.

Let It Go is probably the cheapest produced song ever. It's really gone down in my opinion over the last couple of weeks. It's just so ploddy and rubbish.

Fire's very wordy isn't it and messy. Yeah... that's a shame.

Last edited:

Suprisingly quite like the album, some songs are a bit 'meh' but the majority is good solid pop!

I take it you guys are getting the Irish download?

Gonna be nice to Miss.Burke and spent some of my wages on this on Monday.

D

Deleted member 5343

I really like the album, although perhaps hearing it at Sony HQ with Alexandra in the room did influence me a bit LOL

543743_10150856138432887_591583615_n.jpg

Okay, okay I'm trying to make you jealous

Just finished listening to the album and I really like it. Sitting On Top Of The World is brilliant.

And i'm not or ever were an Alexandra hater, I'm quite oblivious to all that to be honest so I have to idea to why!

Let It Go needs to be swept under the carpet and a new single released ASAP.

Heartbreak On Hold is amazing. It's been one of the few tracks this year that I instantly liked. Why wasn't it the second single?

She looks gorgeous in that picture!

I feel so sorry for Alexandra. I mean although this may be a perfectly decent pop album, but it is NOT the right direction at all. Her career is slowly diminishing away.

But then again, isn't Alex fully in charge of this album? Then I guess she has herself to blame.

Last edited:

It's far less polished than Overcome, but it's still better than about 95% of the albums of this year.

Daylight Robbery was doing it for me in the gym. It's my 10/10 Trollzo track in whatever rate we'll eventually put this in.

Status
Not open for further replies.