Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

So the album is quite good in my opinion and I like the whole dance-vibe, however the track list doesn't seem to flow enough for me! Plus 'Beating Still' is way too good not to be a proper album track, more deserving than 'What Money Can't Buy' that just doesn't fit in the album. I have changed the album tracklist on my iTunes to this:

1. Heartbreak On Hold
2. Elephant
3. Love You That Much
4. Beating Still
5. This Love Will Survive
6. Tonight
7. Let It Go
8. Fire
9. Oh La La
10. Between The Sheets
11. Daylight Robbery
12. Sitting On Top of The World

Last edited:

Heartbreak On Hold is a massive album opener - I love it. I however don't like how it goes into Elephant, but I do like how Elephant works with Let It Go.

I am a bit wary that there are a lot of dance beats on the album and not enough variety (in my opinion). Maybe one or two too many? However I think Ooh La La is freaking awesome. I love that bassline, although it sounds like something out of Eurovision.

J

JadeFan

The ThatGrapeJuice interview was fun. It's a shame we won't get to see the original Start Without You, but surely anything is better than the crap they ended up with?!

Whilst I would love her to do a fierce, stomping R&B album, after watching her "An Audience With.." I would quite like something stripped back, acoustic, similar to Emeli Sande's album but less boring? The power in her voice just struck me. No female UK artist has the range and power like Alex does, not even Adele. Her voice has grown so much since X Factor aswell. It's time for her voice to be out there and have the success of Hallelujah all over again.

So much of the production sounds more authentic on this album than her contemporaries. Not all of it, but there's moments of solid dance magic for sure.

I prefer a lot of it to recent Cheryl/Rihanna, anyway.

L

LoveLockdown

So much of the production sounds more authentic on this album than her contemporaries. Not all of it, but there's moments of solid dance magic for sure.

I prefer a lot of it to recent Cheryl/Rihanna, anyway.

Yeah. I know that it's not Rihanna as we all know she was all west indian musically for ages. She had to change her sound for success. I like how Elephant was produced by an EDM legend, the critics say Guetta esque beats, but Guetta is a joke. Shame that dance pop has been so big, as HOH is not getting the recognition it deserves.

Daylight Robbery gives me "R.I.P." vibes, except it's a far better song. Beating Still puts every other dance song released this year to shame.

If this album continues to under-perform then it will be a setback for Alex but there is no shame in being knocked down, only in not getting back up. There are lessons to be learned, changes to be made and I'm sure Alex will come back bigger and stronger after this.

MrDB,

I'm clearly not talking about the promotion. It's nice you support Alex and are enthusiastic about her career.

However, it's inappropriate to discuss the radio snubs etc. online with people you don't know. I'm not going to lecture you about family but sometimes it's just more dignified to stay silent in the circumstances Alexandra is in. You're not Alexandra and obviously your opinions are not hers, but like it or not.. putting yourself out publicly will reflect on her.

For example, this tweet? "Watched an interesting documentary, the power of having the right team by you that's passionate and competent cannot be underestimated". I'm sorry, but if you read the forums like you suggest, you'd know people have been criticising Alexandra's team in regards to everything really. I don't know if that tweet was a dig or not, but you need to understand that it's different when online speculators say it, when her brother publicly says it... see above about reflection.

I'm not refuting that, by the way, because I believe it.

Discussing what exactly regarding radio snubs?

I haven't discussed anything that isn't already public knowledge. The fans, online speculators etc all know that she's been snubbed by Global Radio for whichever reason I have no clue or don't wish to specuate. So for me not to acknowledge it when it has a massive impact on chart sales/performance is pure delusion yet all I've done is encourage fans that feel annoyed by it to request the song to them and make them be aware there is demand for the song while they've created various trending topis on Twitter, all have been ignored. However, you'd do well to find ONE tweet where I've insulted Capital/Global despite my frustrations on the matter as it feels to me and many others its more than just music because "Elephant" & "Let it Go" are no worse than the stuff they frequently hammer (That's just my subjective opinion)

Regardless, I'm already aware of my responsibility that having Alexandra in the spotlight contains yet this doesn't devoid my right to an opinion and I have expressed it in a diplomatic manner when having posts, convos with people on here and Twitter etc. If I had no regard, I'd be ALOT more revealing with certain politics that I'm privy to knowing.

Finally, that tweet of mine that you quoted is a irrrelevant example as it was with reference to a boxing show I watch called "HBO 24/7" , where it takes daily accounts of the boxers as they prepare to do battle and it highlighted in the particular episode i referred to the influential work the fitness coaches and trainers (their team) play to prepare their fighter and that the boxers skills/talent alone doesn't just bring success, but the roles of others around them to take them to that next level. Therefore, I think you have jumped the gun on that instance.

Last edited:

re "SuckMyBean and "RobR"

Many thanks for your words on the previous page. Very much appreciated :-)

Sales update: Down to #18 today, Let It Go at #73. Make or break depends on weekend sales now...

Sales update: Down to #18 today, Let It Go at #73. Make or break depends on weekend sales now...

How is it going to be 'make or break'? The album isn't going to go top ten, that's 99% certain now, and nothing she can do by Sunday will change that. I think the only thing she/they can do to repair the damage is come out with a smash hit single and rerelease the album off the back of that, but obviously that won't be feasible for a few months yet - and even then it isn't a guaranteed album seller.

Maybe she can do what Pixie's done and go promote in Asia, there are tons of other markets out there for her to make an impact on.

Question for David-Alex always praises her team and talks about how great they are. What are you saying that they are poor and have no real interest or what exactly. Although maybe you cannot go into specifics, many fans on twitter have taken to sending Char and Modest very rude tweets. It is very disappointing especially considering how much Alex has improved as a "live" performer and has not had the oppurtunity on a bigger scale to show she beats the other girls out there as a performer hands down.
MTV and TGJ were faultless.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/alexandra-burke

Question for David-Alex always praises her team and talks about how great they are. What are you saying that they are poor and have no real interest or what exactly. Although maybe you cannot go into specifics, many fans on twitter have taken to sending Char and Modest very rude tweets. It is very disappointing especially considering how much Alex has improved as a "live" performer and has not had the oppurtunity on a bigger scale to show she beats the other girls out there as a performer hands down.
MTV and TGJ were faultless.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/alexandra-burke

I think that it is impossible for me to answer that question without opening multiple cans of worms. Though as you mention, the fans have sure made their views clear in recent times

I

IotV

This is just plain messy now.

Could someone post the production credits for the album? I can't find them anywhere. Thank you!

R

Resi12

There was no effort put into this album, promotion wise. Horrible, that label have no one to blame but themselves. When you have a star like Alexandra and these are the sales she is pulling in, well that's not her fault at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.