Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold | Page 420 | The Popjustice Forum

Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by luzu, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Alex followed the American stan on twitter! She's seen her video!

That's quite significant, because the girl lays into Simon, RCA, and basically anyone to do with Alex's career on that clip, so I feel like by following her and replying to her tweet Alex is acknowledging it as the truth. I'll give the stan some leeway for her basic lack of maths ability - 2012-2009 = 3, not 5! - and getting certain facts wrong, as she ranted for over 12 minutes straight and it's easy to get confused when you're pressuring yourself to say everything you want to say live on camera.

2. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Also she's acknowledging the girl telling her to go to America. I don't think it's too late for Alex. She's 24 in August, but Whitney was 22 when she became big, Madonna was 25, Anastacia was 33, JLo was 30 and there are other examples so she's still young enough to make a successful career. When the politics of Global becomes big news I think that there will be a lot of sympathy for Alex. Also she ought to explain her X factor judging performance, saying that she was nervous and was trying to be entertaining and she didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

3. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Anastacia was '24' haha.

4. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

That X-Factor appearance as a judge really was her 'Joss Stone at The Brits' moment, wasn’t it? I knew it would be damaging to her career in some shape or form, but I never thought it would lead to her being almost completely abandoned. It isn’t the only reason but in hindsight it was the moment she showed the audience that voted her to victory a different Alexandra. And it wasn’t one they necessarily liked much. We should have rooted for her, as she quite rightly told Frankie the truth about his terrible performances, but people still found her so irritating it didn't really matter.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  5. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

I honestly don't think that that evening would have been so significant without the Global snub. Surely I'm not the only one who could see that she was just trying to be entertaining? It wasn't that bad. Tulisa's backlash was worst after bully-gate, yet she's still having success. Alex just hadn't had any anything else (like music on radio) to take people's mind off her appearance as a judge.

My mum (who I mention as a 50-something's outsider's opinion) thought that Alex had simply disappeared, like Leona. She was aware that Alex seemed a bit silly on the X Factor, but just felt sorry for her because she could see that she was just trying to be funny and it backfiring.

6. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Now I'm intrigued. What's this big X Factor judging moment you all mention? I stopped watching once there was no Dannii so it must've happened last season?

7. Loveplus31

Loveplus31 Guest

Her moment on X Factor has been so overblown it's ridiculous. I actually thought she did a good job and gave better criticism than the actual judges that were there.

8. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Tulisa is not one of my favourite people but she had the chance week after week to regain the sympathy of the viewers, something Alexandra obviously did not!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  9. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

She was a guest judge, and came across as a noisy drama queen, said a few Americanisms and used the term "ok.com". She was nervous and became an exaggerated version of herself. Some people found her annoying and fake, but as Loveplus31 has said, the aftermath was overblown. I thought she was quite good.

@Kirkland - exactly!

10. Rmx

Rmx

She guest-judged last year, just youtube "Alexandra Burke X-Factor judge" and one of the top results should be a compilation. The 'crucial moments' are her shouting "EXCUSE ME DID I SAY CABARET? NO I SAID LIKE CABARET OKAY DOT COM THANK YOU" (which I personally thought was amazing), and her telling Franky he didn't have a great voice and she didn't really like it but his performance was at least 'energetic'. Once again she was totally right. It's just the other judges don't dare being honest!

11. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Thank you LoveLockdown - Like I said earlier, the album booklet has NO mention of any American recording studios or producers, it appears all of it was done in London/Europe. She's had at least 4 sessions in the studio in America with Rico Love etc between December 2010 and July 2011 (July/August being when the lead single should have been debuted) so I would imagine Syco were being stubborn over something (perhaps not wanting to take the material she'd been recording to America idk) so she decided to leave, then they told her she couldn't use the material she had been recording so had to work on a complete new album with RCA, as LoveLockdown said. It must have been a proper headache when you think of all the paperwork, contracts etc. She is still partly with Syco right? So surely she could use any material that she's recorded? But yeah, a massive spanner must have been put in the works during May/June last year.

12. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Also, how do you know LIG was recorded only a few months ago?

13. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

But also, if you remember she did an interview around Feb/March time and said the album is only going to have 1 other dance track like Elephant and no ballads if I remember correctly. So I'm guessing they have much better material locked away, but due to all the politics and radio situation they changed strategy yet again and put together the poorest material they had and tried flogging it which is understandable from their point of view. I would love to know exactly what has been going on behind closed doors these past 18 months.

14. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

RCA is under Sony. Syco is also under Sony, so essentially, they're sister record labels.

I think.

15. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Okay, I've watched the X Factor bits and... that's it? Talk about something being blown out of proportion. To be honest I'm much more shocked by that really scary looking person from Ireland. No, not Louis Walsh. The female contestant.

16. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Of course it was all nonsense. The whole thing was blown out of all proportion. Apart from Tulisa's ridiculous behaviour towards Misha last year, Cheryl was a complete cow on numerous occasions during her 3 years on X-Factor. Her rant at Wagner was worse than anything Alex did in her short time on the show and I couldn't stand Wagner.

17. LoveLockdown

LoveLockdown Guest

Yeah. Alex got so much hate it was disgusting. People were like 'she thinks she's american'/'who is she' and I was like she's in the best position to judge as she's been through the same damn shady process as all of those, I was so glad Misha listened to Alex, she just had to play the game a little bit more, shame about Bullygate, the public are so fickle.

18. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

I loved her comments to Frankie.

"You lack in vocal range", aka You can't sing but there's a baying mob of teenage girls behind me who are too stupid to understand it phrased this way.

19. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Alexandra was better than all of the other judges during her guest stint.

People didn't like her because she was too excited to follow the script, i.e. she didn't bullshit the contestants.

20. LoveLockdown

LoveLockdown Guest

Alex posted a pic of her in Denmark remember? And Cutfather is a Danish producer. It was odd it was the 2nd single and was newly recorded too. It's all odd, I wanna know all the goss from Alex!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.