Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold | Page 423 | The Popjustice Forum

Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by luzu, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Alex unfollowed Char and David tweeted "LOOOOOL". So I guess that looks like she left rather than was dumped.

2. BOY

BOY

Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

I have given the album a few spins and as an album it just doesn't work. Everything merges into one for me.

This as a track list..

1. Elephant
    2. Ooh La La
    3. Beating Still
    4. Tonight
    5. Between the Sheets

Perfect.

3. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

There isn't any way she could remain with Modest. They were completely hopeless.

4. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

I wouldn't bother asking breakfast2. The only thing they have "insider knowledge" of is their local Aldi.

You never usually find out if someone jumped or was pushed but either way, she's better off without them. Their current roster should tell you that, let alone the way they handled her album campaign.

5. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Erm, breakfast knows more than he might be letting on. Clearly. He's been giving us insider stuff for years, no need to knock him back!

6. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

There is no need to be rude about Breakfasts vast insider knowledge. It is not easy cleaning offices and reading memos that have been binned, give him some credit.
    Jumping ship is one thing but going from Syco to RCA was going from the frying pan into the fire. Modest are truly terrible though,

7. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Not to be rude, but you're both coming across as very petty in these posts.

I understand, and sympathies, that an artist you both like isn't doing very well but there is really no need to be so disrespectful. Acting in such a way wont improve her position in any way, shape or form. Breakfast2 is being kind enough to give us an industry-perspective, which will help us estimate her current position.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  8. ADM

ADM

Imagine she moved to Global. haha

9. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Maybe Global's snub was to force her to move to them...just maybe...

10. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

No one is being disrespectful but realistically speaking not buying the insider bit and never have. There are a few people who post occasionally who are on the inside and provide facts not bitchy asides.

11. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

When I posted the tracklisting of the album I got, you were all "fake fake fake". Then when 2 of the tracks turned up as iTunes exclusives you never mentioned it again.

I don't go on about you not knowing anything, so please quit with this tireless campaign that I work at Aldi/toilet cleaner/etc. It just makes you look even stupider than you already are.

12. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

If anything, Alexandra's the one working at Aldi.

13. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Love the sarcasm Kyle.

14. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Now, now. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Who?

15. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Whatever happened, I'm glad she's not with Modest any more. They really don't know how to promote their roster at all.

16. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Exactly. I don't care how any of the actual trolls try to spin this, it's a positive thing. They were beyond hopeless.

Is there a possibility that RCA actually intervened and are trying to find new management?

17. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

Except back in the 90s when loads of artists mimed, it was simply accepted. Now when Cheryl does it, it produces page after page of indignation from fans of acts who don't generally mime.

In the last ten years, miming has gone from being fairly normal for pop acts, to being OK if it's on kids tv or an early breakfast show, to being a national scandal.

Clearly, there is a large portion of the music buying public who couldn't care less, but in the media there is definitely more emphasis on and greater expectation of it.

18. Re: Alexandra Burke - Heartbreak On Hold (June 5)

She's so heading for Strictly Come Dancing isn't she..

19. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

God, I wouldn't go that far! At least give her a chance to see what happens next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.