Alexandra Burke

So glad Alexandra won on Saturday. I disagree about all the Westlife bashing, i actually thought them & JLS were better than Alex was with Beyonce (although i was absolutely mesmerised by Beyonce...she's gained a new fan after Saturday, i love her). I absolutely love 'Hallelujah' - listening to her singing it gives me goosebumps. I really hope that Simon Cowell doesn't send her to America & she churns out hit after hit after hit as she really deserves it. I pre-ordered my copy of the album the other day, interesting to see if they decide to put a studio version of 'Listen' on it.

beautifuldisaster said:
So glad Alexandra won on Saturday. I disagree about all the Westlife bashing, i actually thought them & JLS were better than Alex was with Beyonce (although i was absolutely mesmerised by Beyonce...she's gained a new fan after Saturday, i love her). I absolutely love 'Hallelujah' - listening to her singing it gives me goosebumps. I really hope that Simon Cowell doesn't send her to America & she churns out hit after hit after hit as she really deserves it. I pre-ordered my copy of the album the other day, interesting to see if they decide to put a studio version of 'Listen' on it.

It'll more than likely be a live b-side to a single.

Alphableat said:
I'm embarrassed by these:

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thr...=5803&edition=1&ttl=20081216051348&#paginator

I never realised the public were so fucking retarded.

'no i think jls should have won,, alex is to much like leona lewis and jls are the best.. i loved the micheal jackson week, alex just seemed to sing sad and slow songs.' Fern

This girl knows what she's talkin about! Alex really did seem to sing only slow and sad songs, like that week when she sang 'Don't Stop the Music' and that time she sang 'Toxic' and yes how could I forget the week she sang 'Candyman'.

Did she watch the same show as everyone else?!

I'm glad she won, I really am, but I'm starting to think she is one of the most insincere reality contestants we've ever seen.

She knows shes good, yet (fake) blubbed her eyes out each and everytime. I didn't truly believe it until I saw her on the news yesterday being told she had shattered download records - a fake I imagine she would have been made aware of before the itv news knew. Her pretending not to hear then her pretending to mis-understand and her pretend shock which led to another case of the trademarked a"alexandra is too amazed to talk" moments just brought it home.

Have a little pride in yourself, say thank you and shine don't pretend you don't know what's going on.

Martino said:
I'm glad she won, I really am, but I'm starting to think she is one of the most insincere reality contestants we've ever seen.

She knows shes good, yet (fake) blubbed her eyes out each and everytime. I didn't truly believe it until I saw her on the news yesterday being told she had shattered download records - a fake I imagine she would have been made aware of before the itv news knew. Her pretending not to hear then her pretending to mis-understand and her pretend shock which led to another case of the trademarked a"alexandra is too amazed to talk" moments just brought it home.

Have a little pride in yourself, say thank you and shine don't pretend you don't know what's going on.

Kinda disagree. When she cried, there were always real tears.

Someone on another forum posted a youtube vid of Alex on some talent TV show when she was 12. And she's literally the still same person as she was on X-Factor, just a mini-me version. She cries a bunch, gets overly excited, emotional and hyperactive. Seems a bit scatty as well. Unless she's been consistently faking her personality since she was a child (and I don't think she's that talented an actress), I'd say that's just the way she is. It might be occassionally annoying, but I seriously doubt it's insincere. Here's the vid of mini-me Alex;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=grmwwdnkero

I'm genuinly pleased about Alexandra winning.

I Wanted Diana to win but as she got knocked out i felt guilty about not voting. so i spent £10 of my top up on my phone and voted.

Well Done!

Martino said:

Thank You! I agree whole-heartedly. As I said earlier, I'm glad she won but these little things are quite irritating.

Martino said:

It really is not as bad as you describe it. I think when she asks if it's for the year and they tell her it is the fastest EVER she genuinely is shocked and surprised. She is absolutely high on adrenaline since Saturday as we would all be if we had just won a competition like this. I think her attitude is normal, she is a very excitable girl and we've always seen that, from the beginning of the show. I understand that can be annoying for some people (especially seeing it every time she's interviewed) but she will calm down eventually.

I find her incredibly endearing myself and love her over the top excitement. It really means something to her.

Alphableat said:
daveblackwell2k4 said:
Alex one because she is better than the other two by a million miles.

End Of!

True that may be, but do you trust the British public to always pick 'the best' over 'the cutest'? The same British public that voted for LEON JACKSON to win last year?

No I don't & I agree with you on that one.

However his competition was Rhydian that made it through, which maybe isn't the right audience for X Factor.

Look at Diana for example, people didn;t expect her to go when she did, but think of her style to everyone else's who stayed.

Martino said:

Your talking like you really know her there, ask someone that question who knows her close by as only they could say something about this.

Did anyone go on the X Factor website forums? This was my personal favourite:

jlsss weree clearyyy byyy a mileee bettaaa ilyy xxx when jls's alum or single comess outt ii bee gettinn itt as sooonn as itt comess outt xxxxxxx jlss bigestttt faI_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY xx

I really try my hardest every day not to be superior and a snob but then I see something like this...

Everytime I watch that Alex/Beyonce duet on youtube I get chills. She deserved it, and the tears are real. If I played violin with Alison Krauss I would cry too.

!!!!!

Ha anyone noticed that the top 6 songs on iTunes are related to ITV on Saturday night?

1. Alexandra - Hallelujah
2. Leona - Run
3. Beyonce - If I Were A Boy
4. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
5. James Morrison - Broken Strings
6. Listen - Beyonce

I think if I won the X Factor and was told I'd broke download records for my first single I'd act like Alexandra did.
She's not just been told she's just won the raffle down at her school, she's been told her very first single has sold over 100,000 copies in just over 24 hours. People would be saying she wasn't acting grateful for the opportunity if she just acted normal and laidback after being told that.