Alexandra Burke

It seems to me that you're saying that people who don't buy music very often and therefore are moved to buy music they see on primetime music/ entertainment shows are somehow less worthy than people who buy 'real' music regularly, people like you I imagine.

If you can't see what a load of hoary old bollocks that is then I can do no more for you.

I agree with you that this demographic exists, but to see it as negative because it doesn't fit in with your glorious spending patterns and music tastes is blinkered.

D

Deleted member 2720

Maureen said:
It seems to me that you're saying that people who don't buy music very often and therefore are moved to buy music they see on primetime music/ entertainment shows are somehow less worthy than people who buy 'real' music regularly, people like you I imagine.

If you can't see what a load of hoary old bollocks that is then I can do no more for you.

I agree with you that this demographic exists, but to see it as negative because it doesn't fit in with your glorious spending patterns and music tastes is blinkered.

Actually the only thing that moved for me when I saw the 'Hallelujah' video was my bowels.

Popjustice

Staff member
he/him
^^ Classic comedy there ladies and gentlemen - what 'Pye' has done here is present another interpretation of 'movement'. You see Maureen had mentioned that people were moved - emotionally and in fact physically - to purchase a song. Pye, meanwhile, turned this whole thing on its head and interpreted 'movement' as 'bowel movement'. A brilliant way to undermine Maureen's point - and funny to boot!

Popjustice said:
^^ Classic comedy there ladies and gentlemen - what 'Pye' has done here is present another interpretation of 'movement'. You see Maureen had mentioned that people were moved - emotionally and in fact physically - to purchase a song. Pye, meanwhile, turned this whole thing on its head and interpreted 'movement' as 'bowel movement'. A brilliant way to undermine Maureen's point - and funny to boot!

Och! I was doing that shit years ago on here. Years ago!

Alexandra has a lot of potential but we'll only see whether or not she can live up to our expectations with her next single. It's a given she's going to get to #1 with this song (of course) but I've got a good feeling about her. I don't totally buy into the "you're a world class talent," blah blah but still...

Q

Quiet Girl Riot Girl

I actually like it. And I normally hate X Factor songs.

I got in quite a heated arguement with the most "popular" (ahem) boy in school about her in Maths. He was saying "There's no emotion in it whatsoever. She can't even sing."

Okay.

THAT pissed me off, becuase:

1. There is RATHER A LOT OF EMOTION IN IT. I think, possibly even more than Jeff's version. Is it just me or is his version just a little bit...... boring/overrated?

2. She clearly can sing.

3. The guy I was arguing with thinks he can sing but is actually shit. I nearly shouted this at him. I NEARLY did.

4. He also listens to music like Phantom Planet, Counting Crows and Jason Mraz. i.e. he knows NOTHING about music.

Case closed.

Quiet Girl Riot Girl said:
1. There is RATHER A LOT OF EMOTION IN IT. I think, possibly even more than Jeff's version. Is it just me or is his version just a little bit...... boring/overrated?

The Jeff Buckley version was on the radio in my dads car the other day on 'Absolute Radio' or whatever and he managed half way and then said 'for fucks sake SHUT UP' and changed the station. Which was good for two reasons, 1. it meant we were no longer listening to 'Hallelujah' and 2. it meant we were no longer listening to Absolute Poxy Radio.

BeingBoring said:
The Jeff Buckley version was on the radio in my dads car the other day on 'Absolute Radio' or whatever and he managed half way and then said 'for fucks sake SHUT UP' and changed the station. Which was good for two reasons, 1. it meant we were no longer listening to 'Hallelujah' and 2. it meant we were no longer listening to Absolute Poxy Radio.

BeingBoring... can I just say that I love your icon/avatar/whatever you call it picture there of Beyonce and Alexandra... There should be one that says "Sing it, girl!"

So she's been working with Ben Adams (formerly of A1 fame) on "a couple of songs".

Good news or bad?

It's okay but could be better. He co-wrote Lisa Scott-Lee's Electric, which is actually a pretty good song. Not really who I had in mind when I was thinking Cowell needs to call in some superstar producers though...

Alphableat said:
So she's been working with Ben Adams (formerly of A1 fame) on "a couple of songs".

Good news or bad?

It's okay but could be better. He co-wrote Lisa Scott-Lee's Electric, which is actually a pretty good song. Not really who I had in mind when I was thinking Cowell needs to call in some superstar producers though...

Probably worked with her pre-X Factor.

breakfast2 said:
Alphableat said:

Good news or bad?

How?

He said in his little Celebrity Big Brother VT that he's recently worked with X-Factor winner Alexandra Burke on a few songs.

breakfast2 said:
Alphableat said:

Good news or bad?

yeah, i assumed that it was pre X Factor as surely Alexandra hasn't had time to have proper discussions about her 'sound' yet as she's been too busy having slumber parties and being BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!!!11!!11! with Cheryl Cole.

poster of a girl said:
yeah, i assumed that it was pre X Factor as surely Alexandra hasn't had time to have proper discussions about her 'sound' yet as she's been too busy having slumber parties and being BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!!!11!!11! with Cheryl Cole.

... and Kate Moss.

Until Moss forgot to ring her up to tell her where the party was.

This wil have been prior to the X-Factor - Alex's group's website said she was working on her debut album and she said in a newspaper she'd written and recorded a duet with Joss Stone.

I have to wonder why only Shayne Ward got an original song for the first single, post X-Factor, and he is by far my favorite winner so far. Love him