alextbh - queer Malaysian pop | The Popjustice Forum

alextbh - queer Malaysian pop

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by daninternational, May 3, 2019.

1. I'm amazed he hasn't found his way here yet, I went to his concert in KL a month or so ago and it was so nice to see a bunch of Malaysian teenagers waving rainbow flags and Muslim boys dragged along by their girlfriends watching his final number with drag queens.

A lot of the stuff out there is quite chilled, but his latest single No Space is more uptempo, and he's got more bops coming.

Also being unapologetically queer in Malaysia is a brave move, and I love him even more for it.

http://www.papermag.com/alextbh-still-mine-2609786591.html

He's on Spotify but can't embed it :-/

2. New song. Insta caption:
    Met this cute guy from Tinder at a bar called Dalston Superstore and I had this that’s so raven vision that I might be falling balls deep for this bitch and I can’t believe i told him how I felt (even tho I know this is obv infatuation) and he was like omg chill the fuck out and make out with me and so I chilled the fuck out skskkskskskkskksk anyways here’s SUPERSTORE

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  3. I'm a little late, but thank you for starting this thread! He's great, and his music is only getting better and better.

4. He's popped up before on my Spotify (does this surprise anyone?) but I didn't know the story behind the songs. Will have to dig in more, he's got a gorgeous voice

TRAVVV likes this.
  5. He definitely is getting better and better. Painted Skies is the one from the EP and the one I keep going back to. However, Numb is creeping ever so closely, if that doesnt absolutely nail the gay experience is uncanny.

TRAVVV likes this.
  6. The new EP is lovely! I've been playing Moments and The Chase a lot. The music reminds me a bit of forgotten PJ fave Sofi de la Torre.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.