Alice Chater | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Alice Chater

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Cruisin, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Thief sounds nice but very 2016.

2. Sounds like a bop but reminds me a ton of...this

flowersandu and Lost Boy like this.
  3. She's on the cover of Fabulous Magazine.

4. Thief is my least favorite of hers so far, but I still like it. An icon.

londonrain, Kadebostany and Lost Boy like this.
  5. My wig has been thoroughly detached.

It just hit me it’s ‘One Last Time’ that those synths remind me of!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    flowersandu and Kadebostany like this.
  6. Produced by Carl Falk and Rami Yacoub. Big words!

7. This explains the 'One Last Time' similarity. I'm wondering if it's an actual sample.

8. No wonder it's called Thief because it's like...the exact same song.

Subspace88 and Lost Boy like this.
  9. It genuinely made me uncomfortable how similar it was to One Last Time.

10. I think the frustrating thing is I don’t think it particularly needs to borrow from ‘One Last Time’ because there’s clearly a really good song in it but the similarities are working against it, as opposed to ‘Hourglass’ and ‘Heartbreak Hotel’ which work perfectly around their samples. I don’t see why they didn’t just... put a little more work it to separate it.

OspreyQueen likes this.
  11. I don't think there's a particularly good song in it, it's pretty anonymous and nondescript.

Definitely not what the doctor ordered after Hourglass.

12. Even ignoring the One Last Time similarity, this is a misfire. Her other songs had a consistent semi-retro vibe and I thought they were trying to build that up to become her USP, but this one doesn't have it at all and makes her look like just another white blonde pop girl.

enricll and ssa like this.
  13. A MESS. It's not bad but it sounds like Carl Falk and Rami Yacoub dusted off the "One Last Time" stems and reused them for this.

Rhombus likes this.
  14. This came up on a shuffle just now, and aside from the drop...it's almost exactly the same song as Thief.

I doubt it's a conscious rip-off, but it goes to show how generic Thief is when I come across a song one day after its release which is nearly identical.

15. Video is out on Friday.

Ana Raquel likes this.
  16. Me when Alice starts screaming angelically during the chorus of Wonderland:

[​IMG]

(Early song of the year for me in 2019)

17. Thief video is out.

OlliMaus, flowersandu and Lost Boy like this.
  18. Phenomenal video.

ssa likes this.
  19. K94

K94

Like a lot of the stage school lot, she's incredibly talented and has the bops; but she has no identity of her own and everything has a bit too much sheen on it for her to properly stand out. She's just come through though, so time will tell if she can move away from that.

Kadebostany and flowersandu like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.