Alicia Keys - Here | The Popjustice Forum

Alicia Keys - Here

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Beginner, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Oh my god. B-O-P.

2. Can't believe I started this thread.
    I really lost interest after those songs.

Let me give this new one a chance.

3. This is exactly what I was hoping for from her. Her tone in the verses is everything. This needs to be huge!

4. What an improvement. Well done Alicia.

Girl on Fire was dated and so subpar with the lead single being one of the most shrill, awful songs of her career.

This is smooth, sexy, and perfectly on trend. Perfect blend of house and RnB. Her voice is actually being used properly. Her vocals on the verse are straight up honey.

goldsoundz likes this.
  5. Also love the cover art of the single.

Not Alicia of all people pulling through and delivering. I love it when pop stars surprise us like that.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Beginner likes this.
  6. Hot.

Reverb heaven, too. I don't think there's a dry synth on this.

Txetxu likes this.
  7. I like what I hear! Very Weeknd-y. I'll always have time for a new Alicia Keys album but it certainly helps that the lead single is actually good.

8. This is really great. A chill and gorgeous banger.

Bobbyrae likes this.
  9. It's cute. I like the verses and post chorus.

10. For the first time in my life I'm replaying an Alicia Keys' song

11. OH MY GOD WHAT A SONG

TRAVVV likes this.
  12. I'm really, really impressed. It's making me want to go on an Alicia binge for the first time in about 8 years.

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  13. This is unexpected. And amazing!!!

Shinko likes this.
  14. Can't believe Alicia gave us the Fleetwood Mac in Ibiza bop we've been dreaming of.

15. I don't really like it, its incredibly boring. But I'll give her credit for doing something sort of different for her and her vocal is nice for the first time in a while.

16. Love this! I love the new chill inspired sound.

17. Yas Kween!

18. A&E

A&E

Ooh now that's a nice surprise, the song sounds lush and I'm glad Alicia isn't straining her vocals which was so rare for her lately.

19. It's really unexpected and I like this different sound of her!

20. Queen of trends.

I actually had a bit of an Alicia rediscovery few months back. Her first album is great. All her albums have gems for sure. A lot of her last album was pretty chill, no? Girl on Fire (which has completely supplanted by Boy is a Bottom in my head) was a false alarm.

Beginner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.