Alicia Keys - Here | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Alicia Keys - Here

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Beginner, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is decent. The production reminds me of Take Care. It's nice to hear her returning to a more subdued sound. Her parody of Rihanna's Loud-era vocals was offputting.

2. I can't make it through an Alicia Keys album but she has some stunning singles. A Greatest hits would be more than welcome Miss Keys.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Hitchcock likes this.
  3. Hello Dawn Richard.

4. Just heard the single on the radio and it's unexpectedly good! A very different sound for her indeed.

5. Just had this on repeat the whole day. SO good! I also thought of Dawn when I first heard it though.

6. Not Alicia trying to dethrone the true gay icon, Kelly Rowland, by releasing a self-loathing love song all the gays can bop to during the summer.

7. That's the first alicia song I ever like other than the Beyonce duet. Shocked.

DJBenW likes this.
  8. Produced by Illangelo, who did most of The Weeknds last album and a couple of songs for Majid Jordan.

Vasilios and Shinko like this.
  9. Did you write that on atrl too?

10. I don't know her.

Bobbyrae and Vasilios like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I am obsessed with this.

Beginner likes this.
  12. The song is very, almost self-consciously, on trend. I'm not fully convinced yet.

beyoncésweave likes this.
  13. Love at the first listen. Does this mean we'll get the album #soon?

14. Sounds a bit like AlunaGeorge and a bit like Flume too. That is always a good thing.

15. It does really sound like something Dawn Richard would release. The vocals, production etc.

It's a great track nonetheless and I love her vocals.

16. I absolutely love the new track. Alicia rarely gets it right these days, but this is such a great direction for her.

17. Wait, this is amazing.

18. #Justice4DawnRichard

19. But it's so good though.

The album could very well be utter shit (and considering her track record of late, I'm inclined to agree with you and be skeptical), but she pulled it out of the bag at the very least for the single no?

Even if it's on trend, it doesn't ring false for me. This really just does seem like a natural progression for her, at least vocally.

Shinko likes this.
  20. It's SO on-trend it's noticeable (coming from her) but she is such a great musician that I allow it without skepticism because she's sure to deliver. I've had it on repeat constantly since yesterday. A song hasn't done that for me in a while!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.