Alicia Keys - Here | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Alicia Keys - Here

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Beginner, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know where this notion that Alicia Keys has crappy albums came from.

Vasilios likes this.
  2. Agreed. Her first four are all amazing bodies of work and the fifth was great and included tracks like this one by Jamie xx

supersoon, 2014 and Beginner like this.
  3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Still obsessed.

4. This song is so, so good.

I'm glad she pulled it off. Hopefully the album will follow suit but I'm expecting mediocre.

5. The video needs a jungle setting with beefy drummers and sunsets.

6. She really does bore me to tears these days.

Island likes this.
  7. I'm not a huge fan of her either, besides a few songs here and there. But I am actually loving this. Doesn't hurt that it's an uptempo. And she's not shrieking at me like she is on a lot of songs. I'm looking at you No One.

8. The soft ad libs merging with the instrumental for the final run is such a moment.

This is so great.

2014 and Beginner like this.
  9. K94

K94

It needs some One Last Time/Love Lockdown drums but it's mostly really good!

10. I love the song but can't help wishing it was a Nelly Furtdao comeback track. Here's hoping the album is just as strong and she's toned down the shout-singing she adopted over the past few years...

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  11. She also performed a new song called "Hallelujah", sounds more like a nice album track. 6/10.

12. Finally! This is the first Alicia song I've liked since Karma.

It's more Dawn Richard than The Weeknd. But whatever, if this is what she's going with this time around, I'm SO here for it.

P.S. Do the chords remind anyone else of Take Care?

13. Loved her on SNL! "In Common" continues to do things to me and I keep noticing new bits with each listen.

"Hallelujah" sounds like it could be pretty immense in studio form. There's a dark, smoky vibe to it with the organ sound and I bet the strings are a little more cinematic.

Shinko likes this.
  14. Wow I love both of her performances on SNL. In Common has stuck in my head for 2 days now, wish it could have stronger beat for the last part but it's already a great song to me.

15. I don't like In Common, but Hallelujah is just mindblowing.

16. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I'm underwhelmed like I've always been with her, but I love that she went on SNL with no make up.

theincredibleflipper and Island like this.
  17. In Common has me totally hypnotised. I cant stop falling for it again and again.

Shinko likes this.
  18. I. LOVE. THIS.

Way to fucking go Alicia and team.

But I'm prepared to be let down by the full album. Girl on Fire was just terrible.

19. The ending of Hallelujah was quite a "moment", wasn't it.

Shinko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.