Alicia Keys - Here | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Alicia Keys - Here

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Beginner, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

In Common is delicious. Her best single (song, even) since the one-two punch of Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart and Unthinkable. It's blindingly good.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  2. Love the sound of Hallelujah. She certainly seems to have got some sort of creative spark back and I love the laid back visual aesthetic too. Reminds me of when she first came out.

3. In Common still is my gym fuel. 10 plays per day are not enough.

mylesofsmiles93 likes this.
  4. In Common is so amazing. It does such a great job at its on trend dancehall-pop production the same way JB's Sorry, Work, and One Dance have, but what In Common has that those other songs don't is a tenderness and a sense of intimacy that is incredibly beautiful.

Alicia is so much better when she's in the quiet too. Songs like No One and Girl On Fire are almost unbareable to me because her belting voice is just obnoxious. But her softer tone in In Common and Try Slepping with a Broken Heart is to die for.

TheDangerZone likes this.
  5. Completely agree. You Don't Know My Name and Unthinkable also have that same moody intimate vibe that she does so well.

6. Alicia has got it SO RIGHT with this new direction! Those SNL performances are giving me life!

7. QUEEN

Andrew, TRAVVV, xolondon and 7 others like this.
  8. K94

K94

I'm living for this afropunk aesthetic. Gyrate till our scalps depart, Queen!

AshleyKerwin and Noir like this.
  9. Looks like Janet sent her the diaper pants she's not using for her tour anymore.

10. Love the setup, totally didn't expect anything like that. She's bringing it.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  11. You know I live for somebody playing a piano standing up yasssss.

TRAVVV, K94 and Beginner like this.
  12. This song has completely caught me off guard. It's that sultry 'foggy night drive' track I need.

Shinko likes this.
  13. She looks incredible in that video (trousers aside). I love the pared-back makeup look on her.

14. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

So they spent the entire video budget renting out the studio or what?

What a waste of everyone's time. Song is still Top 5 singles of the year anyway.

15. I LOVE the video.

16. So is this going to be an actual hit then, because that would be quite a nice thing to happen wouldn't it.

I like the video a lot too - a few years ago I would've said it's too ~aesthetic~ but I think she could get away with it in 2016.

17. I love the video and she is sexy as hell in it. Giving me "real" Neneh Cherry vibes which is always an absolute win in m book.

xolondon likes this.
  18. This is great. Alicia finally found the right key and it's low.

Give me a super cohesive, intimate 10-track affair. I'm ready for her Flesh Tone.

Mr Blonde, Robert, Bobbyrae and 14 others like this.
  19. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

It's funny how when she gets it right, it's better than everyone else in the game.

AshleyKerwin and Beginner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.