Alicia Keys - Here | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Alicia Keys - Here

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Beginner, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTG

LTG

She just did her opening act for the Champions League Final:

Girl On Fire
    Empire State of Mind (she sang MILANOOOOO instead of NEW YOOOORK a couple of times)
    In Common

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    Whisky87, TrainJumper and Shinko like this.
  2. This look (and this song) is doing wonders for Alicia. Suddenly, I want to like her again. And I do.

3. K94

K94

The 'In Common' video is brilliant. She's not playing this era.

4Roses, Someboy, 2014 and 4 others like this.
  4. In Common deserves to be a creeper hit, the more I've listened, the better it gets. Truly a beautiful track that is current enough for the kids.

AshleyKerwin, Bobbyrae, 2014 and 2 others like this.
  5. It's really grown on me.

6. OK this needs to be the album cover.
    [​IMG]

7. Holyfuck the video slayed me. The groove and the queerness and the no frills confidence just seeping through. How the fuck did she win me back with one song?!?

4Roses, 2014, MiChiMadNesS and 5 others like this.
  8. Graham Norton performance

9. K94

K94

Vocals were a bit shaky in parts but she slayed again and she is looking absolutely stunning - she was meant for this look and I'm here for it.

Vasilios likes this.
  10. Anne Frank realness. But, no. The In Common single but a little more polished and in color would be nice. I'm envisioning some light orange on the cover with the flavor she's serving this time around.

Has it been said that Hallelujah is actually pretty solid? I really kinda liked the SNL performance.

11. K94

K94

Her instagram has been in black and white this entire era so prob won't be in colour.

Vasilios likes this.
  12. LTG

LTG

I think my favourite bit of this song is that little chuckle she does after "and we ain't had no vows".

TrainJumper likes this.
  13. K94

K94

I'm now obsessed with In Common after first finding it nice. Can't get it out of my head. Hope the album is in the same vein with a smattering of jams.

Booers, 2014 and supersoon like this.
  14. LTG

LTG

It's at #26 on UK iTunes at the moment. Cmon promo.

Bobbyrae, 2014 and K94 like this.
  15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I'm so excited for this album, always rooted for her so I'm glad In Common is getting more people on board. It's always nice to see an established act shake it up a bit (unlike other Alecias...) and I pray she keeps it up!

16. I wasn't really feeling In Common before but it's hit me now.

Solenciennes, Bobbyrae and K94 like this.
  17. I wonder how much (if any) of her current renaissance we can attribute to Guy Oseary?

I wonder who paired her with Illangelo, the production on 'In Common' is excellent!

18. Praying the GP mirrors this.

Robsolete likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.