Alison Goldfrapp - The Love Reinvention

But isn't Black Cherry (and much of Supernature and a fair bit of Silver Eye) danceable music that is also Serious Music? Goldfrapp has always straddled that line very well, I can't see any of these new songs as being less than genuine or not reflective of music Alison actually likes and listens to.

I too like the new music but can't help feel all these 'Covid19 made me dance LOL beats hehe' eras from previously Serious Music girls aren't very heartfelt and genuine.
Hm… Alison was always kind of first on the dance floor, but I don’t think that negates your point.

he/him
But isn't Black Cherry (and much of Supernature and a fair bit of Silver Eye) danceable music that is also Serious Music? Goldfrapp has always straddled that line very well, I can't see any of these new songs as being less than genuine or not reflective of music Alison actually likes and listens to.
Right, like...of all of them I find it most believable coming from Alison or Roisin. I don't know if this album feels any less """serious""" than even Supernature, at least so far.

I too like the new music but can't help feel all these 'Covid19 made me dance LOL beats hehe' eras from previously Serious Music girls aren't very heartfelt and genuine.
Alison, Romy xx, Ellie, Tori Kelly, Ella Henderson, P!nk, Bebe, and every other pop/pop-leaning girl since the lockdowns (not that this basic white cig is complaining) -

It’s not long now, but it’s going to feel like an eternity until this album is in my hands. Loving what we’ve heard so far. NeverStop is an ear worm and a big one for me. I can’t stop playing it. So Hard So Hot hits so hard. I just adore her. This will be an amazing listen this summer. Blasting it through my stereo with a breeze blowing through the house. Divine.

he/him
Doing an out and out dance pop record was maybe something Will Gregory was not into, so I think it's fun that she's giving us just that.
I still wonder why there is such a gap between her album and the last Goldfrapp one.

I love both tracks. This direction she took is kind of unexpected but that's how Goldfrapp always worked so I am glad that it when it came to her solo stuff she decided to have similar approach.